JF TR 1-17-2011

Robert2

Are you not instructing anymore?

I don't instruct for money anymore since I retired.

I do instruct anytime I get requested by friends or relatives all ages to teach them how to snowboard without getting hurt.

I taught a lesson Christmas day to a 21 year old kid from Texas. My daughter's boyfriend.

This kid never saw snow before.

He did fine. No blood. No broken bones. It was a good day.

He shot like a bullet down the hill all night long.

Made it down many times without falling at all.

It was a good lesson.

I wish they all went that well.

Floyds is groomed.

Robert, don't mean to hijack your thread, but I will.

Was out Sunday afternoon for a few quick last runs with the family before they head off to school again. Some slick spots in well traveled areas of the trails, but the edges were nice. Put away my PEs and used my Rossi 9S - nice to have some edges again. Did surprisingly well in the bumps in C-glade, but I avoided the center runs on the headwalls. Didn't try Exhibition bumps with them. Elevator left side looked daunting, right side looked fluffy and nice, but a rock popped off a ski (on Saturday) and I had to hike back up for it. Quite a work out. Race team slalom course on Saturday and fun race on Sunday took up half of Challenge. Nice sunny day on Sunday, but still cold. Hoping the freezing rain stays away this week.

Edited by C1er