Greek Peak TR Sun. 3/27/11

Rambo

Date Skied: Sun. 3/27/11http://

Ski Area: Greek Peak (Central New York State)

Conditions: Sunny, High of 35, Packed Powder, virtually no ice

Greek Peak is still going strong. Open daily this week Mon. thru Fri. 3/28 till 4/1. Open next weekend 4/2 and 4/3. Snowmobile Hill-Climb races next Sat. & Sun. on the Odyssey trail.

002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

011.jpg

MY Quiver:

1a002.jpg

Coverage looks great, even off piste... Looks pretty empty with no liftlines too... Snow looks deep... How's the base holding up? How was it there overall this year with the new hotel and waterpark? Has it been busier? More business? Good improvements? Haven't been up there since 04 at the end of March... They were offering a $99 late season pass from March 1 to end of season, and opening to Dec 21, which I thought was a hell of a deal... I doubt they do that anymore...

Is that tailgating going on right at the base of the mountain? Edge of trails? That's pretty sweet if that's the case...

Coverage looks great, even off piste... Looks pretty empty with no liftlines too... Snow looks deep... How's the base holding up? How was it there overall this year with the new hotel and waterpark? Has it been busier? More business? Good improvements? Haven't been up there since 04 at the end of March... They were offering a $99 late season pass from March 1 to end of season, and opening to Dec 21, which I thought was a hell of a deal... I doubt they do that anymore...

Is that tailgating going on right at the base of the mountain? Edge of trails? That's pretty sweet if that's the case...

The tailgaiting goes on during weekends usually. It is at the parking lot of "Greek Peak West" where the base of the triple chair is located. This is about a mile down the road from the main parking area.

Coverage is still deep, especially in the snow making trails. Hard to say if they might possibly open the weekend of April 9 & 10. They could have the base to do so.

Not at all sure how attendance figures are. Was very busy during the Christmas - New Years Holiday. Had a couple of busy weekends. Some guy heard they sell 10,000 season's passes a year. Next years pass is $325. if bought before April 15. (Elk Mountains season pass was $700. this year).

As far as improvements... they are building a 2 story base building addition with a daycare center, more seasonal lockers, and conference rooms upstairs.

They are spending a fortune on an adventure center, with zip lines, alpine coaster, climbing wall, snow tubing and year round tubing on a plastic matting type surface, and a small mountain biking park... I think this is all targeted at families with kids and teenagers.

They were supposed to put in a fixed grip quad lift up the main face for next year... but this may or may not be on hold.