Simon Dumont's Cubed Pipe

Johnny Style

I have been a fan of Simon since I saw him throw huge truck drivers at the X-Games over five years ago. I don't know if there is any advantage to cubing the pipe like he did, but it sure looks cool. There is video footage in the link.

From skinet.com: "It's no secret that Simon Dumont goes big. But he dreams big, too. So when Red Bull and Squaw Valley jumped on board to make Simon's six-year fantasy a reality, the results are, well, pretty big. Simon took a run, and after the distance between his hits were measured, the 22-foot tall, 550-foot long half-pipe was cut into a series of 10 individual cubes, leveled with lasers. Says Simon, "It's hard to do something in a halfpipe that really hasn't been done before... you gotta come up with something creative."

http://www.skinet.co...pid=enews060611

It's gonna be hot this week, so I figured a little stoke might help cool you off.

We saw the pipe up there the other weekend and figured they had cubed it to take it out of commission, very impressive looking piece of sculpture. You cant use it now though cos the bottom has been plowed into oblivion (at least it had as of end may).