Monday Night Race League 2012

mbike-ski

I guess I will bring both sets of sticks with me. This should be interesting....

one of the reasons why I'm luke warm to the racing thing this year. If it's not slalom, I don't have any interest, as the only race skis I have anymore are SL stix. I refuse to ski slalom skis in a GS course.

word of the night was WACK!

the sound nglenn and another racer make colliding on razors during freeski warmups....

the course layout, so much freakin fun and harder than previous years - you definately get some speed thru the headwalls and the set up for the lower headwalls pretty tricky. i heard 45 gates, didn't count 'em, side by side stagger starts. jeff i hope all's alright - you gonna love this course! word is that i'ts gonna stay slalom, bad logistics to run single gs runs...

my face plant trying to set up for the offset on the next to last red gate - bloody nose & lip :rock

the dude that side swiped me in the freezing rain on grouse road on the way home. sooooo freaking lucky, i got her back under control just before she started to spin. pulled over and couldn't fiind any noticeable damage - got home and in the light saw he hit me right on my wheel, tire went flat 30 seconds after pulling in the driveway! only a busted valve stem/pressure sensor and missing wheel cap. coulda been so ugly...

can't wait til next week!

we're bibs 44-50

IMG00260-20120116-2137.jpg

IMG00259-20120116-2137.jpg

oh and one of the nights wrecks took out the finish, could it have been pasr's fgt?!?!?!?

Argh, that bottom headwall really throws me. You get going so fast that the last offset gate turns into a real choker. It seperates the men from the boys. Right now I am still a boy.

I watched Bobert540 ski last night. He was the only guy I saw that generated speed on each turn in the flats. I guess that's how you get a 27. Nice skiing.

That was an interesting night! That sleet did not make the drive home fun at all. Almost lost it a few times and i was being cautious.

Course was a lot more fun than on Raceway(I forget the new name). The last headwall you can really pick up a lot of speed. I think if they add two more gates to the final headwall it will make the course smoother. Jeff you will enjoy the course...wax will help in the flats.

The only thing that is tricky is the dark spots in the flat...see you all in a few weeks.

That kid from KMS was laying down some fast times!

p.s. Thanks Johnny Style!

Edited by Bobert540

That was an interesting night! That sleet did not make the drive home fun at all. Almost lost it a few times and i was being cautious.

Course was a lot more fun than on Raceway(I forget the new name). The last headwall you can really pick up a lot of speed. I think if they add two more gates to the final headwall it will make the course smoother. Jeff you will enjoy the course...wax will help in the flats.

It was good to be out again.

That kid from KMS was laying down some fast times!

Can't wait to kick your ass! :ph34r:

good news for me too - i overdid it on the xc skis yesterday and am stiff as shit today. they are making it up, so good news for all!

To: Monday Night Racing Team Captains

Tonight's Monday Night Challenge series will NOT be held due to Blue Mountain Ski Area closing at 5:00pm. We will add a Monday night at the end of our scheduled nights to make up for tonight. Please share this information with your teams.

Interesting night...Super fast slick snow...great racing conditions. Funny how Razor Back to the bottom of Razors Edge is only 2 seconds longer than Raceway was. Just shows how fast you're going on Razors in comparison. My first race run of the year I wasn't on my game, and came over the last headwall hauling ass and just couldn't make the gates so I just skied out for a sweet 1:30 time. Second run on the red course, I nailed the top section, scrubbed some speed before the headwall and just murdered the gates on the headwall barely holding on for the last gate to ski the 3rd fastest time on the red course. Unfortunately, we didn't have 5 racers complete two runs, so we had to count a 1:30 in there which put us way back. Hopefully next week 5 will finish and we'll have a much better ranking.

BTW, Nice spelling of my last name Mbike-Mike :glare:

mondaynight1.jpg

Today's course had a few more technical sections, but the non technical sections were much straighter. I'm killing the top, but keep screwing up big time on the headwall. I looked like an amateur on the last run. The team did pretty well, we had 6 racers finish both runs. After a mistake announcing Johnny's first time, (39 instead of 30.09) everything was good :) Glenn is really skiing well. He's fast for an old guy. Johnny and Glenn were really close together. I managed for a 5th place overall. Some better skiers were out tonight to push a lot of the guys in the high 20's lower 30's back 10+ positions.

BTW, Joe Sulpizio won the PA State Championship in 2009. So no surprise he killed everyone. Former BMR member.

mondaynight21.jpg

mondaynight22.jpg

mondaynight23.jpg

• Like 1