JF 1/6 WMMR Day

C1erArt

Got in at 8:30 and still pretty quiet. Warm, 38 T the mountain (was 27 at home near Blue mountain). Sunny, light wind blowing down the hill.

Just got back from a few days at Mt Snow (kids have the Peak Resorts college pass so they ski 'free'). Nice long hill, but still only half open, with only a few bumps.

Top of Challenge.

photo-6.jpg

Over on East Mountain. . River shot slope is open but the lower headwall is a little choppy Some snow on elevator, and elevator glade looks pretty good. Haven't seen a whole lot of clearing out work on risk it, the upper section just above the drop seems to be a little more open. But I don't think any trees were removed on the landing.

photo-7.jpg

Did my obligatory yearly run of e-glade (that's not me).

photo-8.jpg

C-glade is nice - a little chunky but bumps are manageable. Think they cleared some trees on the cross over from the glade to the e-mtn chairlift trail, but no where enough sno to get down it. Below the race finish shack is a little thin but skiable if you don't worry about your bases too much.

• Like 1

E-glade was really nice. Elevator was nice on the top and the side closest to the E-glade, provided you dont mind skiing over some stickers there was a nice thin layer of powder there. The baller route was really hard packed manmade. softened up a little around 10:30. Challenge glade was nice, but just like C1 said, a little thin down by the lift. not quite top to bottom, but a huge improvement over last week. its probably 85%. Props to the snowmakers and groomers. Both E-glade and Elevator had good coverage, and there werent any huge snow boulders rolled in there like last year. Crowds got a little too heavy for me at just after 11. Really good snow day.