camelsack 2/16/12

rgrwilco

Originally went to Mountain creek to use my free ticket (WNEP card). I got there and it was pouring rain. I had a hunch it was snowing in the pokes. Looked at the radar, and it was. By the time i got to the tannersville exit on I-80, the road was starting to get covered. It snowed the entire time i was there, and was accumulating. Conditions were freaking awesome. Their park still blows goat, but the snow was soft and fast, with some trails being completely untracked. It was just a few inches, but still better than anything so far this season.

Changed to snow at the Water Gap.

f8c99611.jpg

As soon as i turned off of 80.

2830f475.jpg

snowing pretty hard

8d509082.jpg

Up top.

9d269b18.jpg

Lift up. Lifties kept brushing off the chairs, but by the time they made it back to the bottom they were covered again.

61c9c494.jpg

All in all, my best day of the season so far. I really do not like camelback all that much. I think the trails are boring and uninteresting, and the park is terrible. Cliffhanger today being the exception.

• Like 1

I hope they have a solid base... Camelback has been an excellent late season option the past 3-4 seasons and I would hate to see that change... Unless it snows, that base will have to last a good long while considering they traditionally stop making snow on normal trails on Pressent's day... It could be a fairly early end for everyone on the EC...