JF Friday 2/17

C1erArt

Nice day today, warm and partly sunny, not too windy. Was in my spring gear, and it was a little crowed for a Friday. Snow a little mashed potatoes higher on the hill, but not slushy. A little slow, but a lot of control - a lot of people trying out Floyds and River Shot (even got my wife to try a couple runs down Floyds). Got there around 1:30 and skied until closing. Run of the day was Elevator, still a lot of snow, and easy to get your edges into it. Put on a show for the lift trying Elevator Glade - can't get the Rossies to turn fast enough on the entrance bumps (or maybe it's just my creaky knees). Challenge glade was nice too, soft and fast as long as you didn't stray to far to the right. Really miss the bumps they had on Exhibition last year - would be a nice time now to let them build up. Should be busy this weekend.

It was crowded (if you call waiting 30 seconds for a lift crowded) because I was there along with 150 kids for an annual middle school ski trip.

Early morning was slick due to the wet night before and barely above freezing temps. Conditions improved as the day went on and temps rose turning to spring corn by the afternoon. Challenge glade improved as the day went on and was surprisingly good. Elevator was decent as were the the trees right before Elevator. Overall fun day but I have been spoiled as the last two times I was at JF (same trip the past two years) when there was tons of natural snow and the whole moutain was covered.