Pelican Tent Sale!

NerkTheJerk

• 4 weeks later...

im stoked the sixers arent nearly as bad as everyone thought they would be. MCW has great potential and Noel isnt even playing. Im not expecting them to make the playoffs but definetly better than the over/under of 16.5 wins vegas gave them. i went to the game against wizards on wednesday...philly teams almost always lose when i attend

problem with that is it's actually better for them long term if they suck this year. They've got a contingency on the #1 pick next year, which is supposed to be a much stronger pool than this year, but if they're actually decent, they lose that pick. Leave it to a Philly to to screw up to the point of not even being able to screw up properly. Mcw played well the first three games, but has since come back to the reality of being a rookie. He's good, and has lots of potential, but he's not gonna be almost getting quadruple doubles every game.

i was never a fan of tanking on purpose for a good draft pick. i know it could help in the long run but i just cant bring myself to support a team losing on purpose or at least not giving it 100%. maybe if the team cut prices by 50% or something. my uncle is a huge 76ers fan but wants them to lose every game lol.

totally agree with you, and it's awesome that they came out for the start of the season so strong, but I just find it hilarious that they're basically expected to fail this season, as as per Philly sports usual, they don't live 'up' to everyone's expectations, by actually being too good when it would possibly benefit them to suck.