JFBB Friday Jan 23

JFskiDan

Met up with PC on the slopes at 11 am.  Off trail stuff was ok, kinda dust on crust.  Snow on the slopes was awesome.  Sun came out real nice about noon, which made for a great day.  Tbolt and Exhibition were the ROTD.  

Left just after 2 to get first chair at Boulder for a little variety.  My favorite trail dragonfire was primo with lots of freshly groomed cord for a big 15 second run.  Big Boulder trail has some very interesting weirdo rollers on it, unlike years past that had the 3 big jumps on it.  it skied very weird, but skiers left was a small area of untouched pow, probably about an inch or so that made things very spicy.  (lets remember this is PA, 2015).  Lower snowdrift was roped off, and they have 3 fan guns in it.  its not clear what they are doing in there, but it basically mirrors the weird stuff on BB trail.  i have never seen them actually blow snow in there before.  Runs were short, lifts were slow and uncomfortable, but the place was empty and the snow was great.  Wmgk was in the house with lots of give outs, trivia games, and a U2 cover band.  i was unable to win some decent swag because my U2 phone-a-friend was slow responding to texts.  

Tomorrow is destined to be epic.  

• Like 1