2/15...Balmy and Breezy, NOT!

indiggio

Hey all,

I just got back from another session at Blue Mountain, well about an hour ago as I had to blow the driveway while I still had ski stuff on.

Arrived in the lower lot at 7:35 due to the pokey people driving all over the place with a temp of 6 degrees. It was 4 degrees coming over the mountain.

Passed two cars stuffed in snow drifts along 946, both of which had police with them, so there was no need to stop to lend assistance.

The place was virtually empty, save a few brave souls willing to brave the unholy winds and crazy temps.

I didn't see anyone that I know in the house, other than a few bumpers.

First run was down Main Street to warm up in the bumps, which were nice as the wind had filled the troughs so it was ALMOST like skiing powder bumps.

Next run was down Razors, which took a ton of effort just to get to the precipice.

Of course it was just wind blown hard pack which probably would have been lightning fast except for the wind holding you back.

Made a run down Nightmare. The bumps there were similar to Barney's as they were filled in. The rest of the run was just like Razors.

Needless to say, pretty much all the runs after that were just like Razors, wind blown bare hard pack with some boiler showing through.

It was difficult to find any soft snow at all, even Switchback was blown bare.

The glades held a tiny bit, but not a lot.

Kept hoping that the winds would die down, but lost all hope around 3:30.

I still can't feel the tip of my nose!

• Like 1