Camp of Champions Summer 2006

Papasteeze

I believe there is another cutoff on January 1st 2006 but it isn't as much of a discount. This is also posted in our calendar.

Steezemachine a lot of others from our area attend this camp. Message me for more info.

REGISTER EARLY FOR SUMMER 2006 - SAVE BIG

THE NEW 2006 CAMP DETAILS HAVE BEEN SET

Thanks again to those who attended this year for such a great summer. A lot of you have been asking us to get the new dates and prices figured out so that you can sign up for next summer. Well, here they are:

DATES FOR SUMMER 2006

Camp A - June 15 to June 22

Camp B - June 22 to June 29

Camp C - June 29 to July 6

Camp D - July 6 to July 13

Camp E ? July 13 to July 20

PRICES FOR SUMMER 2006

THE SAME AS LAST YEAR !

AND YOU CAN SAVE $180 US per 8 day Deluxe session

if your register with deposit before October 1st 2004

So if you sign up before Oct. 1st 2005 you save 10%

This discount is our way of saying thank you for your support.

If you go to the website you can get all the details for the summer of 2006. The art design has not changed on the site yet but the content has been completely updated. We are working on the new photos and video so that will be getting updated as we go along. You might have to click refresh on your browse to see the changes.

For those who attend camp this year, your copy of the camp DVD movie and your photo disc with all the shots from summer, it will be at your front door early October (if not sooner) along with the new 2006 camp brochure.

Talk to you soon and see you in the summer of 2006.

Ken Achenbach

Camp Director and Owner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
well I guess there is one in vermont called like CVA it has supposedly the best freestyle program and good racing programs. here is the link, cory vanular used to go there and he talks about in the second question or so.

33066[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip - thats the stuff I am looking for. Any more out there?

Almost every mountain up in VT. has an academy with it.  www.skiracing.com/academies there is a list of most of them.

33075[/snapback]

Yeah - I have that list and have printed each of the schools info out - I am looking for anything, that anybody might have seen, experienced or heard at this point.

Well, considering it's the same topic, High Cascade has a "sign up before January 1st and get $100 off" deal, PLUS you'd get to shred and hang out with me all session!!!

30805[/snapback]

Mr "D" send me a post or a message when you get to Tahoe this year. I gotta feeling there is some good stuff hiding in the squaw area..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

THE SNOW JUST KEEPS GETTING DEEPER AND DEEPER ON THE GLACIER SO THE PARK WILL BE SICK

You have to love a season lke we are having this year. January was the snowiest month in 25 years and then it just kept getting better. March was mental as well. Pow days were the norm. The more pow days in the winter, means bigger jumps and more jumps in the summer up on the glacier. So... this summer is going to be golden! Better get on signing up, some of the sessions are almost full.

FREE SNOWBOARD FROM SAPIENT SNOWBOARDS

Sapient Snowboards has set us up with a bunch of boards and a great idea on how to give them away to campers. Once you have registered for camp you get an ID number. Give that number to all your friends and try and get them to come to camp with you. Get them to type in your ID number in the notes field when they sign up and you get credit for each person that uses your number. When you get 3 friends to come to camp you win a Sapient Snowboard of your choice. Only one person per the four of you can get the board. But if you get six friends or nine friends to come to camp you could win 2 or three boards and share them with your friends. If you don't know your ID number, email us and we'll send it to you. There is a limited number of boards and the contest expires on April 30th.

ZIMTSTERN CLOTHING AND COC

Zimtstern Clothing from Switzerland is going to be rocking the house this year at the Camp of Champions. Their international team of rockstars is going to be at camp going off in the park and chilling with campers. They are also making a limited edition Zimtstern/COC tshirt and a super dope coaches jacket that will be available to campers. Summer can't come soon enough.

Everyone wants to film and shoot at COC

With our 20% larger park and the amazing snowfall, this summer is going to be great if you want to try and get in videos and the magazines. We are already arranging dates for crews from Canada, USA and Europe so it's going to be a summer of pro's going off on the new Arena Snowparks built COC terrain. The new even bigger park is going to be off the hook so get ready for mayhem this summer

MGT Snowboard Session at COC

After months of preparation and planning we can now officially announce the MGT Girls Session at Camp of Champions. It's one session only Camp D July 6-13th, so if your a female snowboarder and want the MGT coaching experience register quick. The MGT Girls Session coaches are: Leanne Pelosi, Joanna Majcherkiewicz, Alexis Waite and Jacqui Berg so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update....

CAMP OF CHAMPIONS MYSPACE SITES ARE UP

We've been toiling digging digital ditches to get our myspace sites up so that everyone can keep in touch with their friends from camp and their new friends that are coming to camp that they haven't met yet. We've set up four sites so that you can see everyone or just the people that do the same sport as you. You can upload photos, send us stuff to add to our blog, basically have fun with our sites. See you there! Ken

The Camp of Champions Myspace Site

Keep up with everyone from camp. We've loaded up a bunch of videos and photos but send us yours from camp so we can put them up too. This is your site. This is a great spot to meet everyone that is going to be at your session. Click on the photo to take to to the page.

If you want to join our COC group here's a link http://groups.myspace.com/thecampofchampions

Donny's COC group is http://groups.myspace.com/coccrew This group rocks, Thanks Donny

Snowboard Camp Myspace Site

All snowboarding. Keep up with what's up in Whistler. Upload photos and check out videos. Click on the photo to get to the page. See you there

Ken

Ski Camp Myspace Site

This is where you can see the latest news about The Camp of Champions Ski Camp. We have how to videos, photos and more. Send us your photos and info for our blog. Upload your photos and get to know other skiers that are coming to camp or have been to camp. Click on the photo to go to the page. See you there

Ken

Bike Camp Myspace Site

It's only 21 days till the bike park opens. Our new Norco A-Lines just turned up at Fanatyk Co. Bike Shop so we are all getting really excited for bike park season. They are going to be building like crazy as soon as the snow melts out. They will probably be plowing out a few runs soon. Click on the photo to get to our page.

Join up our bike group at http://groups.myspace.com/bikecamp

Stoked, see you soon

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

how many days is it to go for 3 sessions

i am really wanting to go next year after reading alot of their site

all i have to do now is save up a crapload of money

I think that is 22 days

Uh... 1 week is too short, 2 weeks kicked nipples butt laste year. COC is the best all around snow camp.

my bad i meant 2 sessions

is it alot more money tahn say doing itfor 8 days

how much hard cash is it usually for a WEEK like paying for dinner and snacks and drinks after you get down from the glacier

last question

were the plane tickets expensive

OK--

Register before October 2006 and you will save 20%!! Register before Jan 1st 2007 and you will save 10%. all you have to pay is the deposit (10%) final payment is due May 2007. I buy cancellation insurance.

Fly out of Newark NJ non stop to Vancouver for $500

I sent Nipples with $50 per day spending money

The website has a great calculator for tabulating all the expenses. Take some more time to browse the website. They have a great "parents" page that you should print out and give to your emergency contacts. along with a ton of other info.

Get a passport!

Ask as many questions as you like. BTW a very good family friend from Rumson NJ reps COC here on the East coast and will be there all 4 sessions this summer. I would imagine that he will be involved next year.

• 2 weeks later...

hopefully i'll be going next year, papa if you dont mind saying how much do you think you spent on sending nipples

tooo much? :confused air fare $500, misc spending money-$500 camp prices are on the website.

But anyway, when was there a 20% discount?

If you sign up before October 2006 there was 20% off - if you signed up before Jan 1st - it was 10% off, full price after that