Harrisburg Rail Jam

Papasteeze

There is an invite only rail jam showcasing some talent from the central pa mountains in Harrisburg on September 3rd. I can vouch for the Roundtop guys who have some serious talent amongst their group. Steezemachine and I will be there. Hope to see you there!!

from north of harrisburg: using Rt. 322 E - take Rt. 322 E to Harrisburg. Merge onto US-22 E... which immediately becomes Cameron St. (rt. 230) ... follow Cameron Street and turn right onto Herr St. Turn left onto N. 7th Street. Show is located about one block on left.

from north of harrisburg: using I-81S - take I-81 S to Harrisburg... Get off at Cameron St. exit. Merge onto US-22 E... which immediately becomes Cameron St. (rt. 230) ... follow Cameron Street and turn right onto Herr St. Turn left onto N. 7th Street. Show is located about one block on left.

from west/south of harrisburg: using I-81N - take I-81 N to Harrisburg... Get off at Cameron St. exit. Merge onto US-22 E... which immediately becomes Cameron St. (rt. 230) ... follow Cameron Street and turn right onto Herr St. Turn left onto N. 7th Street. Show is located about one block on left.

from west of harrisburg: using PA Turnpike 76 - take I-76 E (Portions toll), Merge onto US-15 N via EXIT 236 toward HARRISBURG, Take HARVEY TAYLOR BRIDGE BYP toward HARRISBURG/M HARVEY TAYLOR BR, HARVEY TAYLOR BRIDGE BYP becomes M HARVEY TAYLOR MEMORIAL BRIDGE, at end of bridge ... continue straight onto FORSTER ST. Show is directly ahead about 7 blocks.

from south/west of harrisburg: using I-15 - US-15 N toward HARRISBURG, Take HARVEY TAYLOR BRIDGE BYP toward HARRISBURG/M HARVEY TAYLOR BR, HARVEY TAYLOR BRIDGE BYP becomes M HARVEY TAYLOR MEMORIAL BRIDGE, at end of bridge ... continue straight onto FORSTER ST. Show is directly ahead about 7 blocks.

from east of harrisburg: using PA Turnpike 76 - Merge onto I-76 W (Portions toll), Merge onto I-283 N via EXIT 247 toward HARRISBURG/HERSHEY. Merge onto I-83 S via EXIT 3A on the LEFT toward HARRISBURG, Take EXIT 43 toward STATE CAPITOL/2ND ST, Stay STRAIGHT to go onto S 2ND ST, Turn RIGHT onto FORSTER ST. Show is directly ahead about 7 blocks.

from south of harrisburg: using I-83 - Merge onto I-83 N. Take EXIT 43 toward STATE CAPITOL/2ND ST, Stay STRAIGHT to go onto S 2ND ST, Turn RIGHT onto FORSTER ST. Show is directly ahead about 7 blocks.

is it invite only or pay ten bucks and ride.  I've heard different stories. Anyone know for sure whats up?

31441[/snapback]

From what I've heard, it sounds like it's going to be invite-only. They're trying to keep the amount of riders pretty low so that the kids who are actually good don't have to wait for 20 gapers to do sketchy back boards.

its not really invite its just really you have to know who to talk too. The guy is an active member newschoolers, so all of the info is in a special forum over there seen only by about 100 people. there trying to keep it to a mininum of riders like dh said.

right now there is no more room for any other riders in this jam...i was only given x amount of wristbands for x amount of riders and crew to set this up... it kinda sucks that it had to end up like this because this would have been really cool to have it open jam, but word leaked all over and i had to make it a "private" deal. october 23rd there will be a jam at ski roundtop that will most likely be the same set-up possibly with a different rail, but it will be an open jam

except the one last october was a complete mess. like 150 kids trying to hit one box that was falling apart. you got 4 or 5 shots at the thing if you were lucky. if you guys over at roundtop could get 2 rails in for that thing this year, they would be sick and would alleviate a lot of the crowd factor

except the one last october was a complete mess. like 150 kids trying to hit one box that was falling apart. you got 4 or 5 shots at the thing if you were lucky. if you guys over at roundtop could get 2 rails in for that thing this year, they would be sick and would alleviate a lot of the crowd factor

31501[/snapback]

Keep in mind that was the first time roundtop tried to pull something like that off in non-operation hours... plus who would have known how many people would come out and actually ride that jam...normally we get like half that for normal rail jams..

if we were to put 2 rails this year, it would require more snow/ice which right now isn't the easiest to get... most ice rinks in our area either arn't cutting their ice surfaces as much because its not hockey season(which is when they cut it more) and the rinks that do cut it more are switching to a different method of disposal rather than piles of snow behind their rink...

it is a good idea though and if it is possible, we will make it happen..but there will be more order and a better situation this year rather than the mass havoc that occured last year