Just saying Hello

Luke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you looking to do? Is this just for fun or do you want to make a production/professional quality product. Put simply this kind of undertaking is HUGE. The more popular free forum software packages have rather large development teams (open source). Even so, they have their issues. IPB (which is what we use, and it is NOT free) is the only forum to my knowledge with a fairly 'clean' history in terms of security.

If you are coding it yourself in a small team you can overlook SERIOUS security issues. If you keep things VERY simple you can avoid the security issues but you miss out on features.

This of course brings me back to my initial question. If you are looking to do something low scale just for fun, have at it, if you have any questions I would love to help. If you plan on creating the 'next big thing' in forum software... well you and your friend have an up hill battle... a hill the size of mt everest. Of course maybe I am under estimating your abilities, but I don't think so ... you did come on here asking for random opinions.

Best of luck to you!

32125[/snapback]

Take the wiper arms off -- you do this by looking under the wiper arm where it mounts on the linkage post (pivot point). There's a bent over piece of metal that is attached to the backside of the arm (toward the rear of the car). Lever it downward with a flatbladed screwdriver. It may help to squirt a bit of WD-40 in the backside of the wiper arm where it mounts over the pivot hub coming through the cowling. This metal piece will come down about 1/2" and is part of a piece that slides up against the pivot hub and holds it in place. When it's in the downward position it allows the arm to pull off the hub.

It's OK. Yea hope to see you too. If you see a guy in a yellow jacket (although it'll probably change this year) flying down the slopes than you can safely walk up and say hi to me :D I already got pulled over and had to watch that safety video twice... I'm not really sure how they can say you're going too fast on a black diamond??? But I guess you can't really argue with the CB law...

Edited by Luke

How's the knee holding up Racerchick?? I opted out of the cartiledge surgery for rehab instead. Not too bad, only hurts when I do certain things. Will have to wait till the snow flies before I know if I made the right decision.

PAX

does camelback have any events?

32221[/snapback]

I have talked in earnest with mgt several times, they seem to be listening, I am thinking that there will be some changes for the better, but IMO they will never have a top notch park or race program - there focus on ticket sales seems to be from an entirely different archaic perspective.

EDIT: crap - didn't realize I was off topic, welcome LUKE!!!

Edited by Papasteeze