Looking for input on new skis and boots

bigdaddyk

The Volkl 380 is a good all around intermediate ski. Easy turning, do not push it too hard as it is a little unstable at higher speeds. Great for developing skiers or those who do not ski real aggressive. The boot is an easy fitting boot with comfort as the main reason for the purchase.

I just got new Volkl energy 380 skis and Rossignol elite epx 3 boots.  All the articles I've seen seem to be positive on these.  Anybody have any input about these boots and skis?  Thanks.

34240[/snapback]

The Volkl 380 is a good all around intermediate ski. Easy turning, do not push it too hard as it is a little unstable at higher speeds. Great for developing skiers or those who do not ski real aggressive. The boot is an easy fitting boot with comfort as the main reason for the purchase.

34260[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. I'm used to using standard rental skis. I don't need them for racing, but I don't go for Sunday drives, either. I mostly stay on diamonds and blues. I'm assuming these skis would handle better than the standard rental ski for what I want....am I correct?

:yes

Anything but your 29 year old 237s in the bottom of your closet will be better than most rental skis. You also might want to invest in an iron and some wax, to keep the bases running smoothly. (Leave the edges to the shop and see how you do just waxing your own stuff)