Not sure about new board

shadow8993

Yo, I've currently got 141 cm burton beginner's board. I'm looking for an up-grade to board that can handle more agressive boarding and can hold a good edge. I'm new to board shopping so I really don't know what I'm looking for, other then a women's snowboard, bw a 145-151cm, and fairly inexpenssive. Please help!!!

Edited by shadow8993

K2 skyla, ride solace, burton feather, salomon radiant....they would all be sick boards for you to progress on but not outgrow as a rider too soon. Send me a message if you have any questions, I head up the snowboard shop at Nestor's in Whitehall.

most definately check out women's specific gear. women's gear is softer lighter and narrower and i'm guessing you don't want something that is going to be harder than necessary to put up on edge. Those boards I recommended are all fairly inexpensive(330ish) but will hold up well. If you're looking for a little more board I'd say check out the K2 Luna. It was the first women's specific board on the market and is still one of the best selling women's boards aimed at all levels of riding. Peace

Yo, I've currently got 141 cm burton beginner's board. I'm looking for an up-grade to board that can handle more agressive boarding and can hold a good edge. I'm new to board shopping so I really don't know what I'm liking for, other then a women's snowboard, bw a 145-151cm, and fairly inexpenssive. Please help!!!

I saw several of last years womens boards at the Ski Bum last night.. They were marked waaaaaaay down. If you are close, pay them a visit this weekend.

We have 2 boards from last season and 4+ from this season that could work for you (147cm-153cm). Ranging in price from last years starting at $198 (40% off regular price of $330) to $330.00 plus for something from this year. Boards from Rossignol, K2, Palmer, Arbor, Burton, Ride, Nitro, and Salomon.

The good thing about buying a new board from a store is that if you have the receipt it extends the manufacturers warranty from when you bought the board, not when it was made. Sometimes helpful.

We are having a sale starting tomorrow in the store and also we are having a consignment sale/swap, so you might find something slightly used at a good price.

Hope the info helps.

The Ski Bum

481 Wilmington Pike

Glen Mill, PA 19342

Sale Oct. 14th-24th

Swaps Oct 15th and 16th and 22nd and 23rd

Yo, I've currently got 141 cm burton beginner's board. I'm looking for an up-grade to board that can handle more agressive boarding and can hold a good edge. I'm new to board shopping so I really don't know what I'm liking for, other then a women's snowboard, bw a 145-151cm, and fairly inexpenssive. Please help!!!

My sister has a burton troop and she loves it

Boards are basically designed for two differnt types of riders.

Those who are more all mountain riders and those who are more at home in the park or pipe.

An all mountain board is usually a little bit stiffer so it can hold an edge better on ice and hard packed snow and be stable at higher speeds.

A park/pipe board is usually a little bit softer so you can manuver it better around obstacles or just get it to bend easier for ollies and other tricks.

If you do some of both, or are not quite sure I would suggest more of an all mountain board as it can still be ridden in the park/pipe, but park/pipe boards do not ride all mountain that well, generally.

Most shops, and or websites should be able to point you in the right direction.

If you have more specific questions or want to know about a specific board let me know and I will try to help.

We have 2 boards from last season and 4+ from this season that could work for you (147cm-153cm). Ranging in price from last years starting at $198 (40% off regular price of $330) to $330.00 plus for something from this year. Boards from Rossignol, K2, Palmer, Arbor, Burton, Ride, Nitro, and Salomon.

The good thing about buying a new board from a store is that if you have the receipt it extends the manufacturers warranty from when you bought the board, not when it was made. Sometimes helpful.

We are having a sale starting tomorrow in the store and also we are having a consignment sale/swap, so you might find something slightly used at a good price.

Hope the info helps.

The Ski Bum

481 Wilmington Pike

Glen Mill, PA 19342

Sale Oct. 14th-24th

Swaps Oct 15th and 16th and 22nd and 23rd