Sugarbush 2-11-24

It’s been a tough year on the snow so far.  Lots going on personally, and I’ve been dealing with a nagging injury that finally de-compensated and required PT.  We had some water damage this summer to our place in VT that I had to come address, and the leg was feeling better, so I decided to get out on the snow a little while I was here.  

We split the drive over 2 days, so we didn’t get into Sugarbush yesterday until around 3 PM.  It’s been 6 weeks since I rode last and I hadn’t tested the leg, so I figured getting out on snow for a few runs on the lower mountain would be a good test.  I pulled a Joey move and threw the snow pants on over the jeans, went with the old PLB, and got on the Village Lift at about 3:15.  It was the end of the day so most of the crowds had dispersed.  42 degrees at the base and an early corn harvest.  I did one run each of the “distinct” runs off the Village lift for 3 runs total.  The leg felt pretty good overall.  It was good to be back out.  The goal is to get out today after lunch for a couple hours and at least get to mid mountain for a few runs.  Here’s some pics:

IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7057.jpeg

IMG_7058.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpeg

IMG_7060.jpeg

IMG_7061.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1