3/22…pretty nice…Darn quad keeps stopping

2 hours ago, abe said:

Fun to be able to get up to Blue, haven't been there in a couple years.  Snow was actually quite nice what was open and not too crowded, 3 runs pretty varied for what they were.  I'm glad they were able to make it happen and did not expect to be skiing in PA this week.  Talked to a lot of people on the lift and great vibes today all around.

I do miss when they were open to 10:30 at night or whatever it once was.  Makes it hard to get up there with friends for a night session when they close at 8.  Also they need to fix their online store, it kept saying "unable to verify participant, please try again later" no matter what I did to try to check out or add a name of the guest to the ticket.  I think I had the same problem last time I was there a few years ago too.

Regarding the "fly paper" maneuver, had a pretty good one at Blue Knob on a wet whale at the bottom of Extrovert onto runout this year on the tele skis - hinged head over toes for a straight up face plant lol.

If they are able to plow some of the snow from up top down over the thin spots at the bottom, I can see there being a chance the three routes could make it to Monday.  Tuts lane connector worst patch of the lot probably.

20240322_195022.jpg

Blue is usually open until 9pm and their online store usually works. They used to be open until 10pm for night skiing but scaled back to 9pm because the majority were quitting like 7-830 plus cost savings. 

• Like 1