Montage getting ready to blow

Wolverine21

its definitely still alright, but i hope not too much terrain will be lost.

My brother was just up the mountain for his interview, and he said there is still a lot of snow there at the base and up mainline. He couldnt tell how deep it was but he said probally about a foot and a half or two and a half feet. So it is holding up pretty well. So i am thinking the ninth looks likea promising opening date.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To let everybody know, I just talked with snowmaking, and here what they are gonna be blowing on. Mainline, Bunny, Cannonball, Smoke, and Boomer. If they have all of that open for next Friday, thats gonna be the best opening day I could remember in a long time.

wow, sounds great. see you then!

To let everybody know, I just talked with snowmaking, and here what they are gonna be blowing on. Mainline, Bunny, Cannonball, Smoke, and Boomer. If they have all of that open for next Friday, thats gonna be the best opening day I could remember in a long time.

If they were going for smoke and boomer for openening day i would imagine that they would have been making snow on those trails last week. The only snow that exists on the mountain(minus that little squal we just had) is located on mainline and bunny. I'm only looking for bunny to be open anyway :wiggle

If they were going for smoke and boomer for openening day i would imagine that they would have been making snow on those trails last week. The only snow that exists on the mountain(minus that little squal we just had) is located on mainline and bunny. I'm only looking for bunny to be open anyway :wiggle

Think of it this way, they saw the 15 day forecast two weeks ago and wanted to make snow, but not all over the mountain. But, now that the 15 day is looking great they would want to try and expand their snowmaking.

Was up there sometime around 10 ( after seeing first descent, good movie) and it was looking pretty good. A good amount of guns on mainline. The quad and Shuttle were both running. No snow was being blown at the unloading area for pheobe while we were there, but there was a gun set up.

hey if they have boomer and cannonball open for friday i'll be super happy the countdown starts now, 7 days

i wouldn't put too much money on them opening with boomer...i may not be giving them enough credit, but this is montage we are talking about. They have let us down plenty of times before, i'll believe it if i see it.

i wouldn't put too much money on them opening with boomer...i may not be giving them enough credit, but this is montage we are talking about. They have let us down plenty of times before, i'll believe it if i see it.

I would be willing to put money down that they open with boomer. They started yesterday at 5 pm and the guns are still going crazy. If they get a couple 14 hour nights of blowinf, they will have more snow then necessarcy, and the forecastlook like the way things will be.

just took another ride up. i did not see any snow blowing on the upper half of the mountain but i did not check northface. the lifts were moving and there were about 20 cars there from workers. if they keep blowin like they have been it will be open for friday

They dont blow snow during the day, because they dont have enough snowmakers. The lady on the phone said that they need to sleep during the day and make snow at night. I told who needs sleep, its over rated.