Montage getting ready to blow

Wolverine21

Here is my go at what montage should look like. If i remember correcty, to the right of easy street looks like this: SV The S being easy street and the V being a valley, so if i am right ( which i am not saying i am) i don't think any trails would be able to connect back to easy street from the right side. The dots are glades( yeah i know, but this is pretty much a dream anyway right? :P ) and I took out long haul and replaced it with a high speed quad, located near pheobe so you can take one quick lift rid from northface to the top. I forgot to add one or two connecting trails from easy street to the "new peak" and i already uploaded the pic, so just imagine them. Next to the new lift on the left, i didn't go any lower with the trails because i think that slants off in the wrong direction to be able to get the new trails to the loading area of the lifts, same with not going any further to the left, i think that is where the land starts to slope away.

montage.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my go at what montage should look like. If i remember correcty, to the right of easy street looks like this: SV The S being easy street and the V being a valley, so if i am right ( which i am not saying i am) i don't think any trails would be able to connect back to easy street from the right side. The dots are glades( yeah i know, but this is pretty much a dream anyway right? :P ) and I took out long haul and replaced it with a high speed quad, located near pheobe so you can take one quick lift rid from northface to the top. I forgot to add one or two connecting trails from easy street to the "new peak" and i already uploaded the pic, so just imagine them. Next to the new lift on the left, i didn't go any lower with the trails because i think that slants off in the wrong direction to be able to get the new trails to the loading area of the lifts, same with not going any further to the left, i think that is where the land starts to slope away.

montage.jpg

The reason why most stuff to the fast tracks wouldnt work, is because you have to go up hill in all of the areas you put down. I hiked back there a couple of times, only two or three runs would work, maybe bring them down towards bottom more. But the stuff here, at the top would work because i have done it a bunch of times. But the rest that are in the middle need to be broguht down a bit, but otherwise looks great.

Edited by montageskier

The reason why most stuff to the fast tracks wouldnt work, is because you have to go up hill in all of the areas you put down. I hiked back there a couple of times, only two or three runs would work, maybe bring them down towards bottom more. But the stuff here, at the top would work because i have done it a bunch of times. But the rest that are in the middle need to be broguht down a bit, but otherwise looks great.

yeah i was just 'winging' it with the trails next to fastrack, i haven't been any farther to the left than about 75 yards into the woods...so i was kind of just making my fantasy for that. A couple friends and i were taking a look around the area next to easy street, if that was the area you were talking about, we encountered the same thing. Lots and lots of rocks...and a stream :blink: But the path that goes down to the amphitheater from the bottom of shuttle would make for a nice little lit up scenic(sp?) ride down to a loading area for a new lift to service the right side. But, it would interfere with the concerts in the summer time...

Sh*t, you're hired. :rock

haha, if only. :rock

But the path that goes down to the amphitheater from the bottom of shuttle would make for a nice little lit up scenic(sp?) ride down to a loading area for a new lift to service the right side. But, it would interfere with the concerts in the summer time...

roundtop has concerts in the sumer and their lifts dont get in the way.

Cool photoshop Montage trail map. Back when I was in school I used to draw trail maps of my dream ski area. It's also cool to draw a picture of a run from the perspective of their ski tips.

A friend and I went to Ocean City over the summer, one day when we were at the beach we made an arial view model of montage in/using the sand. Parking lot, lodge, and all. We made sure to put the website and city down also :rock

Well were hes talking about the Stage and seating would be were he would want to stuff to go. I dont no how big of a venue Roundtop has But Montage has concerts with 20000 people there.

round top does purple door they get about 35k-60k people a year over the two days of the festivle. but that is split up into 3 main stages and a side stage.

sidenote but didn't want to open a new thread, is montage's site working for you guys? It doesn't seem to want to load for me...hopefully they are making a new site and it isn't just my computer :rock

haha that will be the day, but no its working for me

i guess their taking the terrain park seriously, right off the website:

Terrain Park- Winter 2005-2006 introduces a new terrain park.

haha that will be the day, but no its working for me

i guess their taking the terrain park seriously, right off the website:

Terrain Park- Winter 2005-2006 introduces a new terrain park.

ah boo...thanks for the update. That is some good news though, is that all it says about the park?

well i went up today to check it out and they have highball completely covered with snow. all the other slopes have a dusting on them of probly like 3-4 inches but hight ball has a good 12 inches on it

:confused interesting...they usually open with mainline not highball...you get confused or are they switching things up this year?

No, But they wont lose it all. I think since its gonna get cold around friday or so next week, that the original date of dec 9th looks like it will hold up. Which isnt bad, i mean 2 weeks earlier then the year prior.

its definitely still alright, but i hope not too much terrain will be lost. stuff that i need is still on the way so im not too bummed, and hopefully i make opening day again.