does anyone NOT like Bear Creeks park

mojoskier

iF ANYONE DOESENT WHY?? I THINK THEY HAVE GREAT IDEAS FOR THERE PARKS. :rock:rock:rock

Yep. You are right.

To me its a waste to go to Bear Creek when I can easily drive an extra 1/2 hour and get to Mountain Creek.

Mountain Creeks park has Bear Creeks park beat in every possible way. Design, flow, variety, difficulty, # of features, grooming, setup...you name it! The only advantage to Bear Creek is that its less crowded on the weekends which doesnt matter to me because only idiots ride on the weekend, everyplace is crowded.

Its an easy decision. THe only people that should be going to Bear Creek is the people who don't drive or cant afford gas. Or beginner park riders.

Yep. You are right.

To me its a waste to go to Bear Creek when I can easily drive an extra 1/2 hour and get to Mountain Creek.

Mountain Creeks park has Bear Creeks park beat in every possible way. Design, flow, variety, difficulty, # of features, grooming, setup...you name it! The only advantage to Bear Creek is that its less crowded on the weekends which doesnt matter to me because only idiots ride on the weekend, everyplace is crowded.

Its an easy decision. THe only people that should be going to Bear Creek is the people who don't drive or cant afford gas. Or beginner park riders.

dude why do u keep coming back. dont u get the hint NO ONE likes u.mtn creek is over crowded and its that simple. keep ur ass over there less people on our mountians then

dude why do u keep coming back. dont u get the hint NO ONE likes u.mtn creek is over crowded and its that simple. keep ur ass over there less people on our mountians then

DUDE...Do you think I care if any of you like me?

NOOOOOOO

You people are ignorant. If you ride during the midweek, Mountain Creek is not overcrowded and its got a park that Bear Creek only DREAMS of building. No matter what you say, and how many times you keep claming it, the REAL riders know that MC is worlds better than Bear.

dude get out

why r u wasting ur time here go to snowboard.com

leave us alone

before u came this was a peacefull mb and a$$ holes like u have to come and ruin every thing just becasue u think your better than everyone else and b/c outr mtn isn't perfect like urs

we ski and ride where we do becaue it is the best we have locally

we don't care why u like mtn creek or hate other mtn so leave

I ride on the weekends at my home mountains. They aren't that crowded and I don't consider myself an idiot for skiing as oppose to staying home...

Staying on topic: I like Bear's park and don't even know what I would change.

Man, I know this guy doesn't have the best rep around here, but seriously, give him a little slack. If we were talking equal drives, and I was a park person, I'd probably choose MC too, but that wasn't really the question at hand.

The question was whether anyone who had ridden bear's parks did not like them. I don't think PASucks has actually ridden BC, so who knows if he didn't like their parks, or just thinks nothing can compare to MC.

Anywho, give the guy a little room to work with. I personally think it's cool that he keeps coming back with an unpopular viewpoint.

Yep. You are right.

To you, it's a waste to go there, but to others, that extra 1/2 hour (i don't drive, but i don't think it's that short, correct me if i'm wrong) could add a lot to their trip. Maybe some people see that extra half hour as an extra hour, total, just don't want to drive that much. What if you just want to go and get in a few laps on a week night? What if you just plain like bear better? Compared to the local parks (not including mountain creek), Bear's park is pretty nice. You never said bear's park sucks, but if you're so against it, say why. I'd love to know, and I'm sure everyone else would too. I'm not sure why you're trying to compare two unlike things. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, which are different for different people. mojoskier started this topic to get people's opinion on Bear's park, not how it rates compared to mountian creek.

DUDE...Do you think I care if any of you like me?

NOOOOOOO

You people are ignorant. If you ride during the midweek, Mountain Creek is not overcrowded and its got a park that Bear Creek only DREAMS of building. No matter what you say, and how many times you keep claming it, the REAL riders know that MC is worlds better than Bear.

Pasucks, how old are you? Do you have a job? Are you a dropout, or just skipping school? What? A lot of people can't ride midweek, because they have other priorities. The weekend is when they ride, it's when they can. For bear creek's size, their park is nice. They dream of building a park like mc's, sure, but they're making the best with what they have (vertical, acerage), and i don't know why you'd put them down for that. Have you ever ridden there? Did you honestly hate the parks? Maybe you did- that's your opinion. No one said you have to go there.

No one on this board is dissing MC. I don't understand why you always get so defensive whenever someone talks about their park. You're kinda like a salesman. (are you a salesman?)

I kinda forgot what this topic was about. I've never been to Bear's park, but from what i've seen in pics, and what i've heard, i wouldn't mind going there, at all. Their parks are nicer than I'm used to, along with many others. Maybe i will go this winter.

its a dumb question though, i've never seen a park that i DIDN'T like. I liked shawnee's shitty park from 5 years ago with 3 jumps and a pipe in the ground, and a mound of snow for a halfpipe - becuase no matter what snowboarding is fun. I like camelback's park even though i didn't like how the rails were setup or the smallness of some things, i loved mount snow's and stratton's and mountain creek's and bear creeks and tremblants - and i have probably the same fun hitting a garbage kicker 5 years ago at shawnee and a gorgeous 30 foot step down at tremblant last year. its snowboarding, if your out there having fun thats all that matters.

in all honesty, i spent time in canada, vermont, and 3 days a week at mountain creek last year - and the absolute most fun i had all season was this stupid knob that was at creek when they were shaping the super pipe, i don't really know how to describe it, but it was basically a giant mass of man made snow that had blown into a weird shape so that if you hit it and ollied hard it was a 1/4 pipe and if you didn't ollie you went over and down the other side, and doing flips over it the 2nd day of the season got me so stoked, i didn't have that much fun all year on the actual jumps and rails and in the pipe (maybe more adrenaline, but i wasn't at the bottom laughing my ass off like that stupid 1/4pipe/spine thing)

the point is - mountain creek's park is higher budget than bear creek's, but even as mountain creek season pass holder i plan to hit up bear creek once or twice for their park this year becuase mountain creek doesn't have every infinite variation of setups, the best riders are the ones throwing down on everything, big or small. at least they're trying