First day on snow!

SteveStepp

That's the guys!! - get em for making illegal movies of my kid!!!! J/K!!!!!!

you guys are way to cocky for me, but whatever, you still ski good haha

Thats why they are so cocky. :yes More talent in that Roundtop group than I have seen anywhere else.

I think its ok to be cocky when your 16 and doing cork 9s.

And lincolns too!!! That guy, Tom Wallisch is headed to university of Utah next year..

damn you guys are sick.. That cork was intense for a jump like that..

Whalehump stuff... :woot

Me and some friends went down to Wisp in Maryland for their opening day, and it was super fun. heres a video.

http://www.roundtopriders.com/video/Wisp%20Adventure.wmv

Prolly the funniest video ive ever seen. Just some of the shit you were doing on there was hilarious

Dude we are not cocky, i hate when people say that

we are just out there having fun and goofing around, and i dont see how this video makes us "cocky"

Look, i'm just saying. I?m a pretty quiet person, i?m modest and somewhat anti social, even when I ski. Being loud and obnoxious is not my thing. If it?s your thing, great. And I never said the video made you cocky, I just said you were cocky, whether or not the video has something to do with it is irrelevant. And whether or not you feel youre cocky, is up to you, you cant think for someone else.

You ski great, and you apparently know that, so, do whatever you want. we all have different ways of having fun, and different ways of showing it.

i just dont show it as much as you, thats all

Dude we are not cocky, i hate when people say that

we are just out there having fun and goofing around, and i dont see how this video makes us "cocky"

Cocky is not a bad thing... It just means that you all are very skilled and act like you know it... No biggie. You guys got skills.. Have fun! that's what it is all about! I wish you guys had came up to the Belleayre jam, it waaaaaas really cool! Everyone was really supportive (including ski patrol) , how do you say? Everyone was chill....... :lol

Have to give credit for the skiing skills, but the teenage mentality is hilarious.

It keeps reminding how my parents must have felt with my antics. PASR= Keeping kids on the snow. Its all good!

pure uncontrolled hucking, but in there defense, the park was not developed enough to allow for the tricks they are obviously capable of pulling, or is that just how skiers look when then rotate? they will get much better clips with better conditions, and also, my level of freestyle riding doesnt really allow me to judge free skiers of their caliber (though i do know style when i see it).

Edited by skitzo

pure uncontrolled hucking, but in there defense, the park was not developed enough to allow for the tricks they are obviously capable of pulling, or is that just how skiers look when then rotate? they will get much better clips with better conditions, and also, my level of freestyle riding doesnt really allow me to judge free skiers of their caliber (though i do know style when i see it).

No the hucking was only done because of the size and quality of things. Out of skiers and snowboarders, hands down skires have better style with spinning. Probally because boarders just twist there body, while skiers spin the whole way through with cross which makes it look even nicer.

Out of skiers and snowboarders, hands down skires have better style with spinning. Probally because boarders just twist there body, while skiers spin the whole way through with cross which makes it look even nicer.

Purely opinion here right?

IN MY OPINION, its hard to say whom is better. Both riders and skiers literally SPIN in different ways and both look dope when done right. Kinda like saying "what tastes better? apples or oranges?" They both IN MY OPINION are pretty good.

Dont skiers twist their bodies? Dont boarders spin the whole way through? If they didnt wouldnt they fall everytime?

Lets not forget where skiers got the whole Spining w/ grabs from.....snowboarders. :D

Edited by affix

and :nana;) snowboarding started from skiing

Technically, the 1st snowboards made were not really influenced by skiing.

The "Snurffer" was invented as a toy for children (1965) but then became popularized....People like Jake Burton liked it cause it resembled SURFING(Alhtough Jake Burton was a Skier).

Dimitrije Milovich, who started Wnterstick in 1972, was inspired by riding cafeteria trays down a hill in college.

Tom Sims was influenced by SKATEBOARDING and wanted to take it to the snow (1977).

Then in 1980 SKI TECHNOLOGY was introduced into snowboarding and then skiing REALLY INFLUENCED snowboarding technology-wise.

So technically i wouldnt say snowboarding STARTED from skiing :rock:nana:P

Purely opinion here right?

IN MY OPINION, its hard to say whom is better. Both riders and skiers literally SPIN in different ways and both look dope when done right. Kinda like saying "what tastes better? apples or oranges?" They both IN MY OPINION are pretty good.

Dont skiers twist their bodies? Dont boarders spin the whole way through? If they didnt wouldnt they fall everytime?

Lets not forget where skiers got the whole Spining w/ grabs from.....snowboarders. :D

Yes its an opinion. But im talking about how snowboarders mostly pin upper body. They rotate with there upper body, more then their whole body like skiers.

Yes its an opinion. But im talking about how snowboarders mostly pin upper body. They rotate with there upper body, more then their whole body like skiers.

Ok. I see what you are saying. However when a rider grabs and spins, his whole body does too...Riders spin with their whole body like skiers do.

Now im not good enough on tele skis to spin yet, but i notice skiers winding up for a spin with their UPPER BODY no?

Am i missing something?

But anyway, Yeah Wisp looks cool. Any idea what elevation they are at?