Cb's Terrain Parks

PArider

Now, I've been riding CB for quite a few years, and I'm not one to trash the place. CB is a nice little mountain with nice facilites, but I think they are falling behind the times in the terrain parks. The rails get smaller and buried as the season go on, and everything seems to be geared towards beginners. Does anyone ever see the day CB will put in more technical rails (not ride-on) or hits? I am seriously considering not getting a season pass next year and getting ones for Mountain Creek and Big Boulder instead. It's just a shame because CB is so close!

Does anyone feel the same as me in this area?

Now, I've been riding CB for quite a few years, and I'm not one to trash the place. CB is a nice little mountain with nice facilites, but I think they are falling behind the times in the terrain parks. The rails get smaller and buried as the season go on, and everything seems to be geared towards beginners.  Does anyone ever see the day CB will put in more technical rails (not ride-on) or hits? I am seriously considering not getting a season pass next year and getting ones for Mountain Creek and Big Boulder instead. It's just a shame because CB is so close!

have you checked out blue lately? thats just as close as cb, and has killer trails and awesome terrain parks :P

cb is geared towards beginners (aka no "non-ride-on" rails/boxes). we have been saying this for 3 or so years now. i am getting a season pass for blue next year because their park is just much better. i think they did well this year with rhodo. the first hit was nice, but after that there was much to be desired. however rhodo as a whole was an improvement on last year. the table way at the top of laurel was uterly pointless! the table was way too long for the size lip it had. the only way to clear most of it requires you to climb under that damn fence they put at the start of the park. or walk up right to the fence and then drop. the rollers....um what exactly was the need for those things? the 20 foot rail most people can prolly ollie half of it before starting to jib it. the rainbow, nice on somedays, a death trap on others. the battleship, probably one of the parks nicest features when the entire up section is actually exposed. the 40 footer, great to learn on but needs some TLC this summer. the hipp-o, awesome last year, but this year it seems to hook to the right, still decent though. the last hit, usually wicked icey and rutted up. at any rate it sux my balls and i will be happy to be at blue next year mastering the c-rail and their more advance terrain

btw the C-rail isn't that difficult.. I personally prefer boardslide on it but with enough speed it basically will curve you around it without and effort on your part.... i think 50-50 would be a lot harder... last time I was there I saw some lil kids killing it only cause someone who worked there (boarder) was eggin em on and I guess gave em the confidence to try it. KILLED it....

once u get to the point where u really don't give a shit u don't have any fears... maybe it's more cause of the fact that I know u can't get anywhere without risks. if I do a rail and bust my arm or mess up a knee... oh well. it'll heal (well most injuries heal :P not all do heh). the whole i don't give a shit personality though might be for the fact that I don't really have anyone telling me not to either (no gf and parents never ski/board) ha. oh well.

btw is it really a 30ft gap at blue? the first hit that is... someone get me a pic.. i wanna see this junk. people tend to exagerate cause really when u look at it 30ft of air is a lot. most u get at cb is like 10 or with the old table top/step down was maybe 20ft. 30ft is a lot. i still got this poster on my wall of kurt wastell doing a 110 ft gap. fukin sick/insane. hit it going 66mph (pulled by snowmobile)

once u get to the point where u really don't give a shit u don't have any fears... maybe it's more cause of the fact that I know u can't get anywhere without risks. if I do a rail and bust my arm or mess up a knee... oh well. it'll heal (well most injuries heal :P not all do heh). the whole i don't give a shit personality though might be for the fact that I don't really have anyone telling me not to either (no gf and parents never ski/board) ha. oh well.

btw is it really a 30ft gap at blue? the first hit that is... someone get me a pic.. i wanna see this junk. people tend to exagerate cause really when u look at it 30ft of air is a lot. most u get at cb is like 10 or with the old table top/step down was maybe 20ft. 30ft is a lot. i still got this poster on my wall of kurt wastell doing a 110 ft gap. fukin sick/insane. hit it going 66mph (pulled by snowmobile)

haha, yea its about that...but isnt it the second jump? There are soo many hits in that park i get confused, ill try to snap a pic while im there today, even though itll be a bit soft

Now, I've been riding CB for quite a few years, and I'm not one to trash the place. CB is a nice little mountain with nice facilites, but I think they are falling behind the times in the terrain parks. The rails get smaller and buried as the season go on, and everything seems to be geared towards beginners.  Does anyone ever see the day CB will put in more technical rails (not ride-on) or hits? I am seriously considering not getting a season pass next year and getting ones for Mountain Creek and Big Boulder instead. It's just a shame because CB is so close!

have you checked out blue lately? thats just as close as cb, and has killer trails and awesome terrain parks :P

yeah, blue is a good time. I live in Eastburg so Boulder is accually a bit closer. Boulder has some pretty bad-ass rails, but the big park doesnt start kicking until late season. Maybe I should just move to North Jersey and ride Creek instead!

As for the first table in the laurel park, I think that would be a great place for a flat-down rail instead of that mini-table!!!!!!!

im not sure what hit it is... normally it's the first one because u can get the most speed to it. u straight line it from the top of the trail to the hit...

wellt he first "hit" has a rail in the middle, its the second one that is really dangorous...my friend almost slows down to a stop before going off it, because the trail gets steeper at that point

ijuyst got home from okemo today and there terrain parks are hug compared to cb

also there jumps in the beginer terrain park are almost bett than cbs lastly the rails in the little kid terrain park are bigger than cbs

and they have this one rail that is a step down every 5 feet and is so long and they have a table that is reeally sick and they have some huge hits

ijuyst got home from okemo today and there terrain parks are hug compared to cb

also there jumps in the beginer terrain park are almost bett than cbs lastly the rails in the little kid terrain park are bigger than cbs

and they have this one rail that is a step down every 5 feet and is so long and they have a table that is reeally sick and they have some huge hits

ill be at killington the 5th, and okemo the 6th, so ill see how those are....thanks for the info though

thank god ill be out at Alta this saturday :P