Prop to CB for a great Opening Weekend

Papasteeze

Opening weekend and the halfpipe was open. 2 boxes, 4 rails - and uh 2 extrememly dangerous useless 30' tables in a beginners park (some were saying 40') I am erring to the short side - who's idea was that? I was told numerous times by the park crew that their hands were tied and that they didn't like the set up either. Does CB's insurance company require the Park the staff to test the in-runs. It was one of the most stupid and subsequently dangerous set ups I have ever seen.

Smart Style - respect gets respect - Those tables were built with careless abandon or puposely built so that they could not be cleared because the slope was clogged with riders who don't look up to see if anyone is waiting to drop in from the required distance to gap the table.

Props to the crew on saturday who were filling the crater at the flat down all day long. Who were the idiots who were told to hollow out the cater more and subsequently sent a rider off on a sled shortly thereafter. And what is up with that flat down Park Crew, why was all of your time spent on that feature? Take some time with crowd control or put up a gate to the tables before someone decapitates someone because of people cutting people off.

You cant hear "drop in" from 150' above where everyone congregates. There was a small group that had the skills to clear the jump and I was told that I could not get in front of the congregation to "hold" them for the more skilled riders anymore. When my racer, yes that's right, racer, tells me that the jump was (I forget the quote) - and gets "cut off" by a rider who tells me to "get out of the way". I am in the park doing what needed to be done for the safety of everyone including waving my arms around with poles extended. Nope not allowed to do that. SUNDAYS park crew were idiots. Saturdays' were cool and seem to know what is up.

PARK PASSES PLEASE!!!!!!!

Respect gets respect. Hopefully this message is taken as constructive critisism, it was written with that intent.

I skied camelback sat and sun. I was part of that few that papasteeze was referring to. His son, me, and a couple other skiers with the skills to clear the jump needed papasteeze to control the jump because quite fractly, we didn't want to come into a jump at 30 mph (speed needed to clear) and take out some little kid. All of us have respect for less capable riders, we've all been there. Camelback told us that it was a "begginer park". That's fine, seeing as Rhodo isn't open yet, but i don't know why they would set up such big hits if they didn't intend on people clearing them. WE all want EVERYONE to have a good time and be safe, but that's hard when you don't let people take safety into their own hands. We were told that jump control was a park crew job and that we were stealing it from them. I have NEVER seen park crew control a jump. Their work on sunday consited of ride the park, dig a big ditch after the flat-down box (because it was unsafe :confused , bitch at us, and then ride the park some more. O, and did i mention that working on the flat down box was really just 3 park crew chatting with each other. If the box was on a mound of snow with a steep landing like the flat bow, there would be no ditch to begin with.

The park did look a little congested on both Friday and Sunday when I was at CB with my kids, but to go back to the original thought for this thread:

The conditions on Friday were awesome, even allowing for mother natures helping hand, the base and prep on the trails was very good.

marjies was sketchy by sunday afternoon, and I hear a ranger took a bad face-plant tumble on there on Saturday, but on the whole it was great weekend.

Hey CBFS!! Welcome to PASR! It was good to meet you this weekend - let's work together on the park. The kids with the skills know what is up and what is right. Someone has the park crew's hands tied. We need to find out who that someone is. I spoke with an "expert" later on, I don't know if you noticed. But he is the one who led me on to the insurance thing about in-runs and setup and overall park layouts.

I feel strongly that CB will be doing their best to get caught up with the times. It's just that there SEEMS to be some old school insecurities jamming them up from being sensible about the layout.

It was their first weekend. It was ridiculous to be reamed for the positive nature of what I was doing for you 8 guys. I would love to have video of what I was having to do so that you guys could hit the jump.

The most ironic part of that whole situation is that everone I was "holding up" was in the middle of trail just below the rainbow. If any one was really trying that rainbow they would have been knocking them over. The basics, you don't stop in the middle of 2 features with your back to a huge outrun!! That Park Crew on Sunday was way too full of themselves, for sure

As bad as the park was, that is nothing for what is to come, it will get way more crowded and more rude people. The park is nothing but a bunch of assholes who just stood next to the flat down and yelled at passing kids. Even when kids were trying 270s on and completely ate shit they would laugh at them. hey cblocal do you have the brand new AR5s? if so I was talking with you for a little.

Hey, yeah i had the ar5's. I'm gonna be at killington this weekend and Park City the next, but i might be up at cb for night skiing next week. I had so much fun with you guys on sunday. By the way nips, my name is mike, not mark lol. And i'm 16, just in case you were wondering, i told the ranger the wrong thing, i don't know why, see you on the mountain!!!!!

p.s. hook me up with some roundtop rider info so i can contact them about park city. Hopefully i'll be able to go up to COC this year with you.

Hey, yeah i had the ar5's. I'm gonna be at killington this weekend and Park City the next, but i might be up at cb for night skiing next week. I had so much fun with you guys on sunday. By the way nips, my name is mike, not mark lol. And i'm 16, just in case you were wondering, i told the ranger the wrong thing, i don't know why, see you on the mountain!!!!!

p.s. hook me up with some roundtop rider info so i can contact them about park city. Hopefully i'll be able to go up to COC this year with you.

Message me from NS - I'll send the RT cult leader a message that you are coming. Be aware though, the cult is full of meaningless chatter. The guys that all ride at RT seem to quite OK in person.

marjies was sketchy by sunday afternoon, and I hear a ranger took a bad face-plant tumble on there on Saturday, but on the whole it was great weekend.

I was just starting to like marjies sunday afternoon :devil:

I saw a ranger after he got took out on there saturday...Note to Jeff and Greg....If your going to take out people, don't take out rangers...Real good way to get your pass taken :lol

• 1 month later...

As bad as the park was, that is nothing for what is to come, it will get way more crowded and more rude people.

LineSki called it!! This was written 7 weeks later. CB - are you listening?

I will admit that I used to think you guys were all exaggerating about this. That it couldn't be that bad and you just wanted to have the parks to yourself.

Well, I stand corrected. The complaints are very, very legitimate.

What I saw at CB on Saturday was downright scary. The park was crowded to begin with and there were plenty of kids in there that had no idea what they were doing. I saw a girl (about 10yrs) drop into the half pipe and immediately fall flat on her face and one of her skis came off (she didn't even make up the other side wall). A kid boarder then drops in and also immediately falls.

Further down on the pipe, two young boarders almost collide.

Even worse was seeing a kid about 5-6 yrs old cross into the landing area of one of the boxes and get taken out. Thank God he wasn't seriously hurt.

And the worst part of all was that I was probably the only parent in the park. These kids were in there with no adult supervision.

I had no idea it was this bad. The mountains need to address this now before a kid gets crippled/killed. I think the resorts need to build beginner parks. You have bunny slopes for novice skiers, why not bunny parks? Have a place where everyone (adults and kids) can safely learn without putting themselves and others at risk.

The only group ski classes that should be allowed in the parks are those at the intermediate/expert level. Why on earth would any instructor take kids who are still pizza wedging into the parks!?!?!?!

That's my 2 cents.

LineSki called it!! This was written 7 weeks later. CB - are you listening?

Who wrote that rob?

I was in the park for a few runs with Metz on saturday night, and all I can say is that might be the prime time to go. Hit the jumps, and no one else was even around. Don't worry all you park peeps, even though there was no one else even going close to hitting the jumps, I still yelled dropping :yes

Landings weren't too beat either, would have thought on a saturday night after it was warm all day they would have holes, but they were pretty good.