Ski

Your guys brought my new skis right to my door this afternoon and I took them into my shed and mounted bindings, then went to Montage and used the busloads of 12-year-old's as warm up for a race tomorrow morning at Blue. Afterwards, I came home and had some chicken.

And where were you ThinkSnow?

Thanks. I'll come to CB after my mountain closes. Starting monday, the weekday Montage schedule will be 4pm-10pm. That's the first bad sign...

hey, how were your 11.21s? All my friends were tellin me how amazing blue's conditions were yesterday. Most of them were at camelback friday night i believe, and when asked to compare, they stated, you simply cant. :P

howd you place in your race?

Blue was terrific. The snow was super considering how warm it got. I rode the lift with one of Blue's USSA coaches and he told me how the snowmakers/groomers specifically blow and groom Razor's Edge all season into hardpack for the race team to practice. I bet the snowmakers and groomers at CB don't even f*ing know there's a CAT race team.

The race was like kind of like my fourth day of practice. I learned in my first run in last week's race to try to make good turns rather than simply ski fast. It's like not trying to over-swing at a baseball in spring training; slow your swing down and make contact and after a while the ball will seem to fly off the bat. Ski racing is the same thing. It had been so long since I raced anything but NASTAR that I blew out of too many turns last week.

The 11.21's rock. Period. They cannot be maxed-out.

BTW, where are you?

Blue was terrific. The snow was super considering how warm it got. I rode the lift with one of Blue's USSA coaches and he told me how the snowmakers/groomers specifically blow and groom Razor's Edge all season into hardpack for the race team to practice. I bet the snowmakers and groomers at CB don't even f*ing know there's a CAT race team.

The race was like kind of like my fourth day of practice. I learned in my first run in last week's race to try to make good turns rather than simply ski fast. It's like not trying to over-swing at a baseball in spring training; slow your swing down and make contact and after a while the ball will seem to fly off the bat. Ski racing is the same thing. It had been so long since I raced anything but NASTAR that I blew out of too many turns last week.

The 11.21's rock. Period. They cannot be maxed-out.

BTW, where are you?

im home now...i was skiing alta for the day. How are the 171cm GS:11's compared to your 180cm 9.20s?

You have a Welcome Center? <_<

It was a risk getting the 171, but everyone else was doing it and I followed like a sheep. But it was the right choice. I was working on just throwing them out as far from the gates as possible today and just cruising and don't even think about how short they are. In the short size, they have some of the properties of the SL ski, but none of the drawbacks. They make my 9.20's feel like heavy dinosaurs. When I was on a steep diamond and really bending the ski, the rebound when I released the arc almost knocks you over; not a ski to be lazy on.

You have a Welcome Center? <_<

It was a risk getting the 171, but everyone else was doing it and I followed like a sheep. But it was the right choice. I was working on just throwing them out as far from the gates as possible today and just cruising and don't even think about how short they are. In the short size, they have some of the properties of the SL ski, but none of the drawbacks. They make my 9.20's feel like heavy dinosaurs. When I was on a steep diamond and really bending the ski, the rebound when I released the arc almost knocks you over; not a ski to be lazy on.

Even though your 9.20's have a 16m radius, did you feel the 171cm's turned just as quickly? I'd like to see how the 2005 GS:11 skis....

The 9.20 is a great ski, but too soft for REALLY killing a jam turn for a crank gate. The 11.21 has great rebound and you are able to ski it short because of it's holding power. It's not as quick as my 9.16 SL, but it's CRAZY FAST. Not fast. CRAZY FAST. Coming down a headwall and getting into a tuck and rolling your knees into turns is 100X better than Batman the Ride.

You feel like you are being launched while coming out of turns on the top headwall of Razor's Edge. And I bet Marjie's would be an ideal slope to let them run.

Okay, you asked and I'm a little f*ing giddy! It's like Trent Reznor sang: "There's nothing like something new." I just thought that meant females, until now.