Ski size?

sltrace

My girlfriend is about your size and she's skiing on 152's and 154's.

Listen to Papa, goto a shop and let them set you up with what's right. Every ski is different and they all ski differently at different sizes and for different people.

If it's possible try to demo before you buy, so you know what you like and dislike in a ski before you lay down your hard earned $$!

Goodluck and let us know what you end up with!

well, for starters, you race, soo....are you talking race skis or just a ski you would mess around with when not training?

What type of racing do you do, USSA, Nastar, High School

how old are you?

if you are a USSA racer and over the age of 16(maybe 15) you don't have a to make a guess of what size ski because they give them to you.

i'd say 155

I've been selling her on the 150 or 157cm adult Atomic SL:9's, with 3.10 or 4.12 bindings. I just think the Atomic recreational race skis are a good bet for anyone, especially if demoing isn't possible. There's nothing too drastic in any direction with the SL:9 or GS:9.

I'm pretty sure she's looking at a high school team, not USSA, so there's no restrictions with length or sidecut.

PS

If you are eBay literate, then you can usually grab a pair at 1/2 the shop price. And, btw, the difference from '03 to '06 models are pretty subtle.

As an example, here's a NEW set of Atomic SL:9 150's WITH Atomic 6.14 bindings on eBay, with a Buy it Now price of $458:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATOMIC-SKIS-NEW-SL-9-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by ski999