Race trail

skidude

So I am looking at the trail map, and I figure CB could put in a race area inbetween Big poc and Marjies, and run it almost down to the bottom. They own that land, so they should be able to clear it.

I am only bringing this up, because I heard that the mountain has thought about doing that for the race team.

Just think a nice steep trail that we could leave fencing up on :naughty

Probably will never happen (atleast in my lifetime) but I heard that the mountain had thought about that, and I like that idea :rock:lol

I never understood this though why mountains dont do that. It would be just like a terrain park except cheaper. Just leave gates up all year long, have like a starting gate and stuff. That would be cool, if it was wide enough you could have the course where you do a lot of turns and then the one were you fly down(im racing illiterate)

I never understood this though why mountains dont do that. It would be just like a terrain park except cheaper. Just leave gates up all year long, have like a starting gate and stuff. That would be cool, if it was wide enough you could have the course where you do a lot of turns and then the one were you fly down(im racing illiterate)

Haha yeah. I don't think it can be that wide...But maybe.

It would be cheaper to take care of than a park. Which brings one to ask, why does Nastar cost money and going in the park doesn't? Could you imagin having to pay 10 bucks EVERYday to ski the park as much as you wanted?

They could do a lot with one trail dedicated to racing...Not to mention if it was right on the front of the mountain, it would be good publicity :wiggle

My dog could out ski a ranger, but rangers have Walky Talkys.

I actully know a few of the rangers pretty well, and now they know me...

I think they understand where I am coming from, and know that I'm in control and everything and don't yell at me :D

However if one of the few powertrippin ones (there aren't many, but there are a few) tried to stop me...Well then we might have to test how well their radios worked :lol

Because NASTAR requires humans at the top and bottom, someone to track numbers and sign up sheets so national records can be maintained, working wiring and computer systems, sending coaches away to be handicapped, etc. I don't think $5 or $10 is too much to pay for the added fun NASTAR provides.

But, it would be nice to have annual, national NASTAR season's passes for fanatics...

Because NASTAR requires humans at the top and bottom, someone to track numbers and sign up sheets so national records can be maintained, working wiring and computer systems, sending coaches away to be handicapped, etc. I don't think $5 or $10 is too much to pay for the added fun NASTAR provides.

But, it would be nice to have annual, national NASTAR season's passes for fanatics...

And a park requires a park crew (that has to be like 5ish people, all day long), extra snowmaking (jumps)...rails (would be equivilant to gates in costs probably)...a specail groomer (pipe).

Also your probably more likely to really mess yourself up in a park than in a race course...

I definitely agree that it would be really, REALLY cool to have a dedicated race trail... or at least one I could bomb on... I've got a set of Sally 230 DH skis at my disposal... it'd be really nice to have a place to get on them without killing either a wannabe or myself trying to avoid a wannabe...

Season passes for nastar? GREAT idea... 10 years behind Loon Mtn on that... they've got a great package, and a 10 run card that you can buy for practice on days off...

hey metz could you do us all a favor and make you signature smaller, it messes up the whole page.

Doesn't make my computer messed up...Make your screen bigger (more pixles)...

Anyway, a lot of places say you can pay like 75-100 bucks and run all the nastar you want all season

Is my sig messing up anyone else's comp? If so i guess i could pull down some of my pride... :confused but in other news... dammit, I really wanna have a sick Chinese downhill now... hehe... but yeah, we need this race trail thing to happen. dude, I think we need to put a petition together or something... or like threaten to not buy season passes... or like make fun of the owners since your mom can out ski all of them or something... But now I've got this idea in my head and I think it would probably be one of the coolest things to happen in the poconos... ever. yeah. word. So, like I was saying, chinese downhill anyone?

Is my sig messing up anyone else's comp? If so i guess i could pull down some of my pride... :confused but in other news... dammit, I really wanna have a sick Chinese downhill now... hehe... but yeah, we need this race trail thing to happen. dude, I think we need to put a petition together or something... or like threaten to not buy season passes... or like make fun of the owners since your mom can out ski all of them or something... But now I've got this idea in my head and I think it would probably be one of the coolest things to happen in the poconos... ever. yeah. word. So, like I was saying, chinese downhill anyone?

Sig is fine with me...Especailly since its VOLKL!!!

A dedicated race trail would be sick...Don't see it happening, but we can hope <_<