Phil at Elk 1/1/06

Philpug

wow! we should trun this into a PASR day. i Mean wow! Its like a comming out party. Phil's seeing the errors of his ways! (and the lack of skiing of his ways.)

C'mon up, the more the merrier. I planned on being at Kton that weekend but soemthings changed. Plus there are some locals I want to make some turns with.

phil are you drunk right now. thats in the ponco's not VT.

Phil's also safe on a 'technicality', since Elk is in the Endless Mountains, not the Poconos; he therefore remains unspoiled...

But, boy, it sure was a blast grabbing some turns after work in the Poconos last night. What was on TV, Phil? ;)

Phil's also safe on a 'technicality', since Elk is in the Endless Mountains, not the Poconos; he therefore remains unspoiled...

But, boy, it sure was a blast grabbing some turns after work in the Poconos last night. What was on TV, Phil? ;)

Dunno, I was working. :unsure: Then when I got home I finished a few things up on the computer.

So, are you coming up that day?

Edited by Philpug

I changed that weekends' PASR Day at Spring Mountain to Elk Mountain due to a lack of interest in poor old spring and in honor of your presence in PA!!

so, now I am commited?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :woot

I changed that weekends' PASR Day at Spring Mountain to Elk Mountain due to a lack of interest in poor old spring and in honor of your presence in PA!!

so, now I am commited?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :woot

I do, probably lots of rock star energy drink on the ride up because I'll be going on very little sleep. It looks like it's snowing up there based on the radar. I wonder if some of the woods will be ski-able. I haven't hit Elk since 1995 when Ace of Base was the ill shiz-nit.

where and when are we meeting?

If YOU are going.. I WILL be there. :rock

Ha, no, I meant people were trying to get you commited.

I've been to Elk on enough rainy, mushy, icy days (like every place has in the N'East) to not subscribe to illusion of it's superior snow. Just my opinion, but skier traffic has more to do with snow quality than any other single factor. I'll probably head over to watch one of 'Dude's Cup races late in the season, but that's about it.

It does NOT look good for Sunday...I am gonna bail..in more ways than one. :no

I have to tell ya, Phil, the last hour of night skiing at Montage was superb and empty last night. I parked 20 yards from the slopes and they even took away the ropes and cones at the lifts, because there were no lines.

You don't know what you're missing by having to plan trips and watch the weather and all that crap.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln: "Just do it!"

I have to tell ya, Phil, the last hour of night skiing at Montage was superb and empty last night. I parked 20 yards from the slopes and they even took away the ropes and cones at the lifts, because there were no lines.

You don't know what you're missing by having to plan trips and watch the weather and all that crap.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln: "Just do it!"

I won't ski at all that day.