headed up...

VTmark

Give us a report I want to hit up Montage sometime soon. Possibly New Years day. :rock. Montage is one of the few PA ski areas other than Blue that I have visited multiple times. How's White Lightning?

The park opened today around 2:30 3ish. With:(in order on trail) A-frame(which looks like the same rail that was the flat down from last years park), then your choice of flat rail about 10 foot or the dragon box, then the two tables side by side with gap( i didn't get to see anyone attempt the transfer but i'm sure there were those that succeeded), then rainbow box, then flat down flat(kind of angled up weird), then either C-box or another table, followed by your choice of battleship or 15-20(?) foot flat rail. And at the bottom the last jump, your choice of either 20 or 30 foot lips. I'm guessing you would need to skip the last rail to get speed for the 20 or 30 but i'm not sure. Also the measurements on the last jump i think are from the lip to the end of the landing but i could be wrong on that.

When White Lightning opened it was pretty nice, some grass sprouting here and there on the right side but not too bad at all, today i only got one run on it so i might not be the best source but it seemed pretty bumpy and by around 4 it looked as though it was pretty icy(looked is the key word...i didn't hit it after the run in the morning). White is pretty much day to day on conditions, hit it up early in the morning obviously for best tracks.

Other than that, you have smoke, boomer, cannonball, switch, highball, or mainline to choose from. Was real foggy earlier in the day, hard to see 20 feet in front, at some points probably worse.

BTW, guys, we just got back from skiing for a few hours and there still isn't a lift line anywhere. We even parked next to the split-rail fence by the lift. Everything is a little spring-like, but it was a lot better this afternoon with it being snow instead of rain. It's pretty amazing how dead it is...

I overshot the 20 foot today and it hurt bad. But conditions are good up there, not many bearspots. But lightning wasnt icy all day, and neither were any of the trails. But lightnings ride side is getting bumped, and some of the ruts have rocks. But all in all Montage is doing great this year. 15 trails before new years has to be a record up there.

hey we(me and VT) didn't see anybody up there. whats up with that?

VT and skifreek!! switched. VT skied and skifreek boarded it was hilarious.

I went down white lighting and survived.

me montage skiier and wolverine21 were up there and we saw vtmark with his pasr hoodie on and some kid with old line skis i think they are like 153 not sure what kind but montageskier was telling me and he yelled to vt mark when he hit the jump on switch.

me montage skiier and wolverine21 were up there and we saw vtmark with his pasr hoodie on and some kid with old line skis i think they are like 153 not sure what kind but montageskier was telling me and he yelled to vt mark when he hit the jump on switch.

sorry when im in hte park i have my ipod on so i didn't hear you.

i saw that whole crew but only knew of nick and montageskier. i hate how they randomly close and open the jumps and park, but you cant hate how amzingly smooth the jumps are. the rainbow rail with a lip was straight killing people. i was really excited about how nice our set up is now, and hopefully ill see everybody next time.

ya i've seen you before but never said anything. i saw ski999 today at about 9:40pm i was on the lift in front of him and me and xnick11 were screaming his name but i think he had music on.

Rude motherf*cker, eh? :)

Sorry, iPod...gotta wack me with a ski pole or something. I hadn't planned on skiing today, but figured last hour would be pretty empty.