whistler blackcomb

gcleary47

so i am going to whistler from jan 5th to the 17th. i am really excited about going because this is my first time going out west. i have rode most of the mountains in vt. nh. and maine. if any one here has been to whistler and has any tips for me on where to go i would appreciate it. i am looking to ride for a solid 9-10 days. i am stoked and can't wait to hit some big park stuff. as well as doing some real backcountry riding and maybe some bowls i don;t know. i am leaving in a matter of days so i probably should have made this post a month ago. but oh well. thanks to everyone

• 2 weeks later...

today is my first day at whistler. i rode on blackcomb all day. i got into the park a little it was nice. but there was too much snow to hit jumps. there was around 2 feet all over the mountain. the rails were decent. the jumps were okay. i did not make it into the pipe. i will try to post as often as i can to let every one know how it goes. plan on going to whistler and the highest level park in a couple days. i hope all is well in PA

• 2 weeks later...

i was able to make a report on my first day out then i ran into some computer problems. so now that i am back in the luscious state of Pa i can give me reports. it snowed every day i was at whistler. 18 inches the first day then between 5 and 6 inches the next 5 days. on my seventh day of riding it snow about a foot over night and a foot during the day. the pow was amazing. it was every where and waist deep in some spots. i did not go through the parks that much., whistler had more of an intermediate park that was kinda fun. nothing to fancy. then there was blackcomb with their medium park. they also had a huge park., the nintendo park. i did not go through the big park because the jumps were too big to try and hit with a foot of powder on the takeoff. and let's be honest, when there are several feet of snow all around it is hard to stay in the park. i rode on some bowls that seemed to go forever. i witness my first real avalanche. however it was from the mountain staff bombing the alpine to make it safe. i had snow every where i went. wonderful trees with some decent cliff drops. i was the for 8 days and rode seven out of those eight days. six days straight at one point then a break on sunday and the last day was monday. i don;t know what else to report. the snow was awesome. i spent less than 700 for the entire trip. any one that has a chance to go to whistler i would seriously suggest that you go. i don;t have many pics but i have some video footage i can get stills from. some one tell me how to post or send pics and i will.

i took 2 run on seventh heaven but the light was so flat i could not tell if i was moving or going at a cliff. 7th is on blackcomb and is supposed to be great on a sunny day wich i did not have because it snowed the whole time. i defintaely hit up some nice spots off the harmony chair at whistler. i'm hoping to get back there next year.

hey guys, i was at whistler dec. 24- jan. 1st.

basically, when i got there, there was no snow ANYWHERE on the base, except for 1 trail that led to the bottom that was really grainy. I went up the next day on whistler, up to the roundhouse lodge. on the way up it was raining, i was really disapointed. But when i got off the lift it was snowing! (pretty hard) It was such a good feeling. So believe it when people say that it rains on the bottom and snows at the top. It was like this for two days, then it started dumping at the base. It just kept getting better and better. I rode blackcomb the last three days, it was pretty tight. 7th heaven was reallly rocky, but if you went a tiny bit off trail, you could find sweet pow stashes. On the 2 days, it would snow overnight, and then be blue skys during the day. I bought a pass to the highest level terrain park. That was definetly worth it, cuz there was a. bigger jumps, b. NO crowds at all, and c. excellently maintained stuff. The jumps were the best cuz the takeoff would be packed down like they should be, and the landings would be powdery.

anyways, it was a fun trip, i learned 360's and frontside tailslides, but i dunno, its just not the kinda place i would want to spend a season at, yah know?