Salt Lake City or Portland Oregon??????

MCRX

so for my 17th birthday my mom agreed to take me out west to go snowboarding, i really wanna go to a mountain mountain, terrain over park....i'd like to hit up a nice park tho but i'd rather ride amazing terrain she's making me chip in for plane tickets but she said she will pay for hotel etc. should i go to Oregon and hit up Mt.Hood/Timberline? or should i go to Salt Lake to hit up places like Snowbird, Alta, The Canyons,Park City....I am going more along the lines of Salt Lake City because were going for 5 days and there are so many resorts close to the city/airport....But I am not really sure because Mt.Hood kinda sounds like a snowboard mountain.

If you could help me out that would be great i'm sure either place will be good but i'd just like to get some feedbackkk later

terrain park, no doubt, mammoth

powder, cant beat montana/idaho and utah powder, best in the US.

familiy friendly/great value would be summit county in CO (vail/breck/a-basin/aspen/copper etc)

amazing terrain? depends on what you mean. powder/glades, or just sheer drop offs and crazy steep chutes? timberline for chutes.

thats about all i got.

SLC is a great location, Surrounded by the wasatch mountains there are alot of mountains within an hour drive. I know Jackson Hole, wyoming is getting dumped on this season and there is pow pow everywhere, and you can't go wrong with 4000+ ft of vert.

If your looking for Park, Park City is right there, close to SLC. The Canyons which are great for freeriding, tons of terrain 8 peaks, i hear is also really good. There's so many options to choose from.

As for ALTA is completely outta the question considering he's a snowboarder and ALTA hasn't recognized snowboarding yet, because they are ********.

IMO id say go ride the mountain, you can always come back to the ice coast to ride terrain parks. Try to find a local to show you some secret stashes of pow, and you'll be lovin it.

Edited by Switch096