New type of snowboard

skidude

Gusy I was in the CB repair shop last weekend when some guy came in with his new snowboard. He asked them how they would have tuned them, because the edges, insted of being in a straight line, were wavy. He said the board was made like that to help grip on ice.

If any one of you boarders knows what kind of board im talking about, give me the name, cause I want to see more about it.

Thanks

I believe its the Magna traction from Lib tech. Pyro_boarder has one. From when we rode together it seemed to work pretty well. The one day at Montage it was rediculously icy and I just couldn't hold an edge in some spots. He seemed to get through them just fine. Ask him and I'm sure you can get a lot more info.

Lib isnt the only company to have it.. Burton has had it for years but called it pressure distrobution edges.. They didnt market it as much and it isnt as pronounced as much as Mervin's boards.

http://lib-tech.com/tech/magneTraction.htm

PS- Didnt we already have a topic on this :?

*edit* here are the Lib skis with magne-traction

alf%20002-thumb.jpg

Edited by librider

Lib isnt the only company to have it.. Burton has had it for years but called it pressure distrobution edges.. They didnt market it as much and it isnt as pronounced as much as Mervin's boards.

http://lib-tech.com/tech/magneTraction.htm

PS- Didnt we already have a topic on this :?

Probably, but I usually stay away from snowbaord topics :unsure: