What a night (SUNDAY)

dan

went up to camelback sunday night and i really dont think the conditions could have been worse. before you gusy read this i just want everyone to know that i am not bashing camelback, Camel back is a GREAT mountain. i am simply jsut sharing the conditions for the people who were not there sunday.

okay well i got there sunday around a 3rd of the lifts were down because of wind. the wind also managed to blow the all the powder off most of the trails. ontop of the wind the snowmaking was making riding on the right side of the mountain almost impossible. i hope camel back is able to make alot of snow these next few days because they need it.

I was at CB from 8-3ish. They had no upper mountain lifts open in the morning, everyone was on raceway, meadows, glenn, sunbowl, colmore lifts, and the lines were freaking huge. Yay for being able to cut them cause your on the ski team :banana: (:nana skierforever)

Around 1 they opened the Bailey, Marc, and Cleo chairs up to the top. At the same time they tried running the sully, but I guess it was still too windy to run it safely.

Anyway, it was cold and windy all day.

...Yay for being able to cut them cause your on the ski team...

I would hope you would have the courtesy to ask first, instead of just cutting in, becasue this would reflect poorly on your mountain. From what I understand, ski patrolers are the only people entitled to priority to the lifts.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I would hope you would have the courtesy to ask first, instead of just cutting in, becasue this would reflect poorly on your mountain. From what I understand, ski patrolers are the only people entitled to priority to the lifts.

Rangers, class lessons and patrollers get preferance. I'm pretty sure disabled skiers get to cut the line too...

I never had to wait for the race team...

I was up there Saturday night, and the actual conditions on the trails weren't that bad. The wind was vicious though. We probably stood at the top of the Hump for about 10 minutes waiting for the wind to die down enough to be able to go anywhere. The wind was literally pushing you uphill at the same time that it was pelting 40 mph ice pellets at you. Needless to say that was our last run of the night. Too bad we couldn't make it home without getting in a car accident, but I guess you win some and you lose some.

i was there sunday night and it did suck it was the coldest ive skied this year and the snow making was the worst. it was slow and icey

but what ever nice for just buttering around and stuff

Sunday night made me question my love for winter...it was one of the most miserable winter nights I can remember.

If we are with a coach, we are allowed to cut the lines. Normally we don't cut them at all, but when they get to be long, we get tired of waiting around (sorry guys). I know the development team will cut them everytime they go up, we cut them maybe once a weekend.

If we are with a coach, we are allowed to cut the lines. Normally we don't cut them at all, but when they get to be long, we get tired of waiting around (sorry guys). I know the development team will cut them everytime they go up, we cut them maybe once a weekend.

You deserve to cut them, with all the fees team members pay directly to CB. Who's the development team and why are you not on it?

You deserve to cut them, with all the fees team members pay directly to CB. Who's the development team and why are you not on it?

Development team is the younger kids, learning how to race. Younger kids get antsy in line, older kids don't mind waiting in a 1 minute line (which is usually how long it would take the lifties to get to us, anyway).

Wouldn't the race practice be considerd ski school, which is allowed to cut the line.

:yes