cb injuries

camelbackfreeski

ok, so today at CB conditions were descent. The pipe was closed and they were blowing snow on laurel so that wasn't any fun to ride, but Rhodo was EPIC. The second jump was by far the best jump camelback has ever had!!! The wallride was set up somewhat nicely, and i was able to touch the sought-after "red bar" at the top of the wallride with my tips. Anyway, it was a good day, except for two injuries lol I rebroke my thumb picking up a pole dropped by a little girl while skiing and caught my thumb in the ground somehow, and my brother (after throwing his first 3's (snowboarding) off the jumps) stright aired the little ditch jump where rhodo meets pocono raceway and broke his arm (spiral fracture of the humerous) the frist serious injury my family has ever had skiing. (knock on everything nearby) I'll post the pic later

Mike

Right when you get off the Sully and go to the left, if you stay on the left there is one of those little things that drops of the trail and comes back up as a jump, and it was pretty small, and had a pine tree on the left side (trail was on the right)...

I came up out of the jump (looked like only a few other people did it before me) and the pine tree had a block (like a 1x1x2 ft block) of ice hanging from the branch which I didn't see. It nailed me right in the left front side of my left leg, and I got spun around in the air when I hit it.

I landed fine, and am ok, just have a niced sized bruse and a painful leg.

Nothing serious, but a little pain for a day or 2.

Sucks about the broken bones, hopefully you guys get out soon!