CB closed AGAIN

Timeless

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're pissed because they aren't open on a wednesday for night skiing, when 3+inches of rain have fallen, 60+ mph winds, and bare spots on the mountain?

Dude, they are a business... do you think that they don't want to be open? Consider for a moment what 50 million dollars looks like. Think about how it would be if you had just made that investment and gotten in less than 2 weeks of packed paying customers...

you think they are closing down without any hurt in their hearts and pocketbooks?

If they could reasonably be open and make a profit(hell, even breaking even would be nice) they would be open. Bare spots on the mountain, slush, ice, no real snow...

the LAST thing they need is to be open today. someone would complain that camelback was controlling the weather and didn't throw enough thongs on a tree--so God hates us all and isn't bringing snow. calm down, warm up by the fire. Watch some Warren Miller films...

they'll be open before you know it.

Thongs! :lol

You are in the wrong forum to say anything nice about CB. This board is only for haters. :no:no

I didnt say i was pissed because they werent open .. i said i was pissed because they lie and say they have 17 trails open when in reality they have 2.

Every ski hill does that. They all lie. To single out CB like they are the only one is just being ignorant.

As much as I hate to say it or admit it. If it does not make economical sense to stay open. Then I too would close so that I could be open for next year. When you have more employess on the mountain than you do guests you are going to end up closed permanently if you don't have an extension to the season with epic conditions that allow you to do so.

My ski shop is hurting due to this weather, the advid snow lover is hurting, the mountains are hurting, the employees who didn't get to work, who made a late payment due to a "short" check etc etc etc.

But imagine how bad things would really be, if that mountain ran itself into the ground. Blue apparently can afford to stay open, Camelback cannot....

Hey Blue fans? want all the CB fans to come to start coming to your mountain? I bet not.. :)

Just to be fair I actually agree with this. It must be a cold day in hell or something. B)

The hill has to try to cut it's losses. When you have the chance to make a bunch of money from bus trips that come during the week then it's got to be hard to close. Yes they already have the season passholder money but that's not enough to cover costs for the whole year.

And BTW there are a lot of people that go to Blue and CB since they are not that far apart. We have already violated your slopes with our CB loving selves. :P