kids in the park that shouldnt be

@thecreek24/7

i know were having huge promblems with kids in the park that should be there cutting people off. Yea its going to happen but i do remember last year we had big signs, and yellow fences. Where did they go? if we could show that the park is not a play ground by putting them back up maybe the parents with there kids wont go in as much. Even if the things that are happening next year will help change this, we still have a couple months left in this season. Personaly im sick of the groups of 5 to 10, 9 to 12 year olds strollin threw the park droppin F bombs acting like they own the place. Things park wise have changed greatly and i know as well as every other local park guys know this. Late last year and this year have seemed to turn to the point where i dont even want to come out later in the week because of the kids. If the creek puts them fences back up and sign saying "Extreme terrain" or what ever they said the little kids will be struck with some fear. and MAYBE we will lose the parents with their little kids or the groups of kids cutting off the guys that are there everyday. Lets try some thing soon tho its getting bad in the park as for that.....

Just yesterday I was up on the lift above the dropin point for the top booter. One of the local ripper crew (identified only by the ability to pull flips) ran into this issue. He properly called his dropin and as he made his approach, a mother (?) and young child made the decision to cut across the leadin to the hit. Well our flipper was flippin' out floating F-bombs ("what the F are you doing?" etc etc) for getting cut off. I don't think this is what we were trying to say about an amicable method for expressing to lurkers that they should not be cruising the park with small children. Especially when they themselves are barely remaining upright (as i have seen experienced parents guide their kids through the park and that, I think, is acceptable).

ah the days bears park was empty

haha wow, the park back then was heaven for a beginner

i loved the old flat rainbow

come to think of it no one has a rainbow RAIL out this year

one of the depressing things of the age of the box

Camelback has a rainbow rail.. every year for the past.. oh i dont know 4 years maybe.. they've had that thing up

i've run into similar problems, a few weeks ago i was but off approahing a jump after i called my drop to find the kid(maybe 15-16) waiting for me at a rail to flip out of me for almost landing on him after he cut me off. another thing i saw i think a week ago was a father skiing takig hs child off of a jump wile holding him/her between his legs. not only i the crazy dangerous, but since they didn't make it over the lip of the jump they pretty muc stomped the lip out. this is why i rarely ride weekends or evening anymore, midweek duing the day is perfect.

i know were having huge promblems with kids in the park that should be there cutting people off. Yea its going to happen but i do remember last year we had big signs, and yellow fences. Where did they go? if we could show that the park is not a play ground by putting them back up maybe the parents with there kids wont go in as much. Even if the things that are happening next year will help change this, we still have a couple months left in this season. Personaly im sick of the groups of 5 to 10, 9 to 12 year olds strollin threw the park droppin F bombs acting like they own the place. Things park wise have changed greatly and i know as well as every other local park guys know this. Late last year and this year have seemed to turn to the point where i dont even want to come out later in the week because of the kids. If the creek puts them fences back up and sign saying "Extreme terrain" or what ever they said the little kids will be struck with some fear. and MAYBE we will lose the parents with their little kids or the groups of kids cutting off the guys that are there everyday. Lets try some thing soon tho its getting bad in the park as for that.....

amen to that

I dont understand why the ski school with 3 year olds are coming down the park! i mean, not only is it extremely annoying, but it is dangerous for the little tikes as well! people are trying to go fast enough to hit the jump or rail and there a little guy sitting at the landing or cutting across in front of you. isnt there the whole rest of the mtn for them to ride on?

i was so mad today i was goin to hit that broken up box box thing at the bottom of kodiak and this kid on rentals just dicides to SIT DOWN on the jump onto it...i yelled that i was droppin and he looked at me like i was crazy....

but why would you sit down right there?!?!?!

i was there wednesday they have fences and signs everywhere. it keeps the newbies away from the two big tabletops, but besides that i was getting sharked quite a bit. i think next season there should be a park only pass with rules on them(something like mountain creek/vernon).

When I was there Saturday, the day of the park competition I saw a ski instructor take 5 little kids no older then 6 through the smaller park. I realize they are just trying to learn but there trying to learn how to ski not jump. The ski instructor should not take the kids through the park

ya around 4 like after then announced the winners i went back in the park after riding it all day in the comp with only good kids it was awsome..after the comp round 4 so many kids flying down not stoping and calling there drop i was pretty pissed cause i wanted to try a few more 7s that night but i just kept getting cut off and i almost literly did a 3 over a kid on the last jump but i had to hit the right side sence he got infront of me on the left side then he feel on the flat part on the jump more to the right and i only jumped over his head lol.

oh wait..idn maybe ur talking about bc but im talking about montage..

Edited by xnick11

Saturday i was doing kid center at boulder and i had about 10 kids and another instructor helping me. Adn the other instructor insisted we go down the terrain park. All these kid were no more than 9 years old. I refused to take them all down the park. The park is no place for lessons unless specifically park lessons.

they do the same thing at 7springs all the time. there will be about 15 or so fairly good riders hiking the pipe and all of a sudden the tiny tots "learn to ski school" will show up and tell 20 5-7 year old kids to go through the pipe. its absurd and i cant imagine who thinks its a good idea. these kids can barely go down a hill and just pizza wedge through ( most of the time a couple fall and the instructors have to go help them up).

i know everyone has to start somewhere, but come on. if you cant ride down a hill with confidence and control, you have no business trying to ride a 15' pipe.

through talking to instructors i've seen taking beginner or non-park specific lessons through the park, i've gathered that's it's " a great place to learn to ski because the jumps and rails force them to make quick, tight turns and the halfpipe does this as well without being steep terrain." in ski school at bear i've noticed things in flyers or news and notes things about not taking lessons into the park but haven't seen much decline in it from the few instructors who stand by it. when i see one take a lessons through the park i nicely wait until we're in ski school and strike up a conversation with them and mention why they shouldn't do this, sometimes it works, most the times it doesn't but hopefully this can be put to a stop, even if it must be through management.

The worst is lessons through the half pipe. It is hard enough to keep a decent pipe cut with out having a lesson of 2 year olds pizza wedgeing down the middle of it with absolutely no clue about what is going on around them. Last year I was coming out of a mctwist on my backside wall and as I came an entire lesson including instructor were in my way.

I will admit that I used to think you guys were all exaggerating about this. That it couldn't be that bad and you just wanted to have the parks to yourself.

Well, I stand corrected. The complaints are very, very legitimate.

What I saw at CB on Saturday was downright scary. The park was crowded to begin with and there were plenty of kids in there that had no idea what they were doing. I saw a girl (about 10yrs) drop into the half pipe and immediately fall flat on her face and one of her skis came off (she didn't even make up the other side wall). A kid boarder then drops in and also immediately falls.

Further down on the pipe, two young boarders almost collide.

Even worse was seeing a kid about 5-6 yrs old cross into the landing area of one of the boxes and get taken out. Thank God he wasn't seriously hurt.

And the worst part of all was that I was probably the only parent in the park. These kids were in there with no adult supervision.

I had no idea it was this bad. The mountains need to address this now before a kid gets crippled/killed. I think the resorts need to build beginner parks. You have bunny slopes for novice skiers, why not bunny parks? Have a place where everyone (adults and kids) can safely learn without putting themselves and others at risk.

The only group ski classes that should be allowed in the parks are those at the intermediate/expert level. Why on earth would any instructor take kids who are still pizza wedging into the parks!?!?!?!

That's my 2 cents.

And the worst part of all was that I was probably the only parent in the park. These kids were in there with no adult supervision.

I had no idea it was this bad. The mountains need to address this now before a kid gets crippled/killed. I think the resorts need to build beginner parks. You have bunny slopes for novice skiers, why not bunny parks? Have a place where everyone (adults and kids) can safely learn without putting themselves and others at risk.

Now you know!! Thanks for speaking up!!! From day one of CB's opening - I have had hour long talks with CB's management, trying to explain park basics and the problems. I tried to speak up! I think the people at CB's park management are stuck in their own little world. Oblivous to the progression. CB is by far the most likely place for a big accident to hit the headlines. No doubt.

We bought a season pass there this year. I try and find every where else to take steven, I really don't want him in those parks.