Rail Jam.

Sno Mountain Skier

so what all was thrown down at this comp

450s on. 270s on. up to 3 switch ups. 270s out. Switch 270s on. Backflip to rail.Tail presses. Snowboarders doing one footers.

And the set up was down rail to the right and a down box to the left. With steps in the middle. So some people gapped acroos from the rail take off to the box.

It was a sick comp all around.

When will people realize that back/frontflips to rails are pretty much the wackest thing you can do?

Im not sure if you mean wack as in cool or not cool. But this was wack in a cool way. The guy pretty much backflipped off of flat ground. There was barely any lip onto the rail, and he landed it perfect.

Im not sure if you mean wack as in cool or not cool. But this was wack in a cool way. The guy pretty much backflipped off of flat ground. There was barely any lip onto the rail, and he landed it perfect.

Backflips to rails belong in the circus. The only thing they're good for is getting gapers excited. No self-respecting judge will score a flip in a rail contest.

so what was he supposed to do? 270s and 450s on like everyone else was doing? johnny was just adding some creativity and stepping things up.

Word.

But, DH nothing else could have been thrown down, without being repeated. Mammoth had nothing to do with kt,but i was just saying i felt like you had that, "im out west idea , i know more". But i know thats not the way you think, since you used to be a CB local.Im just sayin dont hate on it, because it was such a good competion.

But, DH nothing else could have been thrown down, without being repeated.

Front blunt 270 out, cab 270 pretzel, switch back lip, switch back nosepress back 180 out (anybody do any of these?).

If you're claiming that he did a backflip because every single trick had been done then for the love of God I hope you were filming because that is one impressive rail jam that you witnessed. Doing a flip in a rail jam is like Bode throwing a screamin' seamen off a headwall: it would excite a bunch of people but it doesn't belong.

Front blunt 270 out, cab 270 pretzel, switch back lip, switch back nosepress back 180 out (anybody do any of these?).

Possibly, but i dont no any snowboarding trick names. But most of the riders would take 30 seconds before their hike, trying to think of something new. With 10 minutes left people were asking us new things to do.

If you're claiming that he did a backflip because every single trick had been done then for the love of God I hope you were filming because that is one impressive rail jam that you witnessed. Doing a flip in a rail jam is like Bode throwing a screamin' seamen off a headwall: it would excite a bunch of people but it doesn't belong.

ok, so maybe not every single rail trick known to man was thrown on saturday, but they've all been done plenty of times before. how many times has a backflip to boardslide been done? not a whole lot.

it was something creative, sick to watch, and darn brave... the epitome of freestyle snowboarding.

all of the ones u said except the switch back nosepresses were done.but mark spiker an awsome snowboarder did about 16 switch-ups in one..nosepress-tailpress-ect kept doing it really really fast down the whole box it sounded like a machine gun cause i wanst watching at the time i was talking to a friend and then im like wrf and i look over and hes goin nuts with his nose and tail presses..lol but he threw down alot more nicer stuff then what u said but i cant remember all of them off the top of my head besides his 450 on to 270 out.