CW-X and the Recreational Skier

ole2planker

http://race-werks.com/product.php?prod_num=27536202

Remember the support you had from getting taped? These are amazing. It's like your muscles never get tired.

89872.jpg

ski, will the CW-X work for me, a recreational skier, in cold conditions, where I would normally want another layer? That's really two questions. First, will it take the place of my normal base layer and provide some warmth? Second, on colder days, will it work with another layer over the CW-X and under my ski pants?

Edited by ole2planker

If warmth is a consideration, then they have a version called CW-X Insulator Expert Tights. They are roughly the same price as the "Pro" version and about $15 more than the "Expert" version. The non-insulated tights aren't terribly warm...they are another layer and wick moisture away, but you can feel the breeze, so to speak.

For under a race suit, I'm happy with non-insulated; everyone else should probably go with the "Insulator".

I'd wear a second layer over the CW-X and under my ski pants for sure, if it's really cold. But that doesn't seem to be an issue this winter...yet.

I find it hard to believe that anything involving some material is going to do all the things they claim. And if it does, it'd cut off your circulation. Now, if they have some kind of rigid things running through it, maybe. But it sounds like close to $100 for a pair of tights to me.