Montage Survived

Ski

While lots of places are mud and foot-wide connectors, Montage made it through the worst mid-winter stretch of all time. My boys even drilled into the mud to set NASTAR gates today and ran a double session. Just as the rain came today, the temp started to dip, so we'll have made to to snowmaking weather. And word is that they plan on blasting away at every opportunity.

It also goes to show that skier traffic has a lot to do with how snow coverage holds up.

Are you guys joking? CB was like mashed potatoes (with gravy), and their NASTAR course disintegrated sometime last week. Anyone have a magic ball? Should I come tomorrow? I don't want to pay $$$ for a weekend pass unless it's a good opportunity to train. But, nothing good will be going on at CB tomorrow.

The course was for rock skis, 'Mom. Not terrible, but two spots would have made me cringe on my good skis. They run it from 10:30am until just before Noon, when it's shut down for the J4/5 and development kids to rip it up...then the PM session is 1pm until 3pm. It's not reset or slipped for the PM, so the course is usually pretty beaten.

Tomorrow? I'd def call 800-GOT-SNOW and ask for the ski school sometime between 8:30am and 9am. They have always known if Jim is setting. We missed the AM session today and each just took one very careful run through big slush piles.

Skiing on the North Face should be pretty decent.

Give me a call if you are coming.

ya ur right..i can hear the wind/rain hitting on my house hard..if they do close anything it would probably be mainline/highball and switch..park seems to have a nice base and should hold up..but northface should be fine..except for smoke in some areas.