2/13

beachiegirl2ski

I was there at night... from like 5:30 to 9:30.

the park was awful. I guess the park crew took the holiday because everything had a beat down landing.

I usually take one trip through the park just to look at everything; guess at speed, check landing, ect. I was getting a little bored so I thought it would be safe to hit the picnic table, WRONG. The landing had a rut, no check that a canyon in it. I only noticed it once I was on the table. In a split second I opted to see if I could ollie far enough down the rut to be able to make it out alive instead of trying to pop over to the side of it. I made it to the flat and rode away but still tweaked my ankle real bad.

some of the other rails and boxes looked ok. All the jumps looked like crap. The pipe was crap. The wallride was crap.

I was in such pain after that landing that I didn't check out that new pile of snow with the mailbox stall/bonk and the flat down box, but I didn't see it getting much attention.

Now, I am fairly loyal to the BC park, but they really need to get there act together. I was at Blue this weekend and let me tell you they learning how to put a decent park together. I have always said Bear was better, because they focused more on features that will get used where as Blue seems to focus on features that will turn heads but most will ride by. It seems like the Bear crew has sputtered out a little. They keep adding boxes and plowing jumps.... Remember when there were three airable features on Cascade before the rails. Remember when there were four airs down the main park...

I guess what I am saying is,

Come on BC park crew, I know you guys got better in ya!

the park was awful. I guess the park crew took the holiday because everything had a beat down landing.

Holy hell i'd hafta agree - the last table was insane (with crashes) , i saw sooooo many people eat shit on the bump after the landing, and not just little slide outs, full blown yard sales and snow clouds, well it was more like a 2 foot high speed bump 10 feet after the tranny. i just stayed away from that after my shins were hurting so much from casing the top jump repeadedly, couldnt seem to get enough speed no matter how i tried. all in all, the snow held up well, and the crowds died down pretty much all by 9. it was nice night of skiing other than the park.

I was there at night... from like 5:30 to 9:30.

I usually take one trip through the park just to look at everything; guess at speed, check landing, ect. I was getting a little bored so I thought it would be safe to hit the picnic table, WRONG. The landing had a rut, no check that a canyon in it. I only noticed it once I was on the table. In a split second I opted to see if I could ollie far enough down the rut to be able to make it out alive instead of trying to pop over to the side of it. I made it to the flat and rode away but still tweaked my ankle real bad.

some of the other rails and boxes looked ok. All the jumps looked like crap. The pipe was crap. The wallride was crap.

I was in such pain after that landing that I didn't check out that new pile of snow with the mailbox stall/bonk and the flat down box, but I didn't see it getting much attention.

Now, I am fairly loyal to the BC park, but they really need to get there act together. I was at Blue this weekend and let me tell you they learning how to put a decent park together. I have always said Bear was better, because they focused more on features that will get used where as Blue seems to focus on features that will turn heads but most will ride by. It seems like the Bear crew has sputtered out a little. They keep adding boxes and plowing jumps.... Remember when there were three airable features on Cascade before the rails. Remember when there were four airs down the main park...

I guess what I am saying is,

Come on BC park crew, I know you guys got better in ya!

Thats what happens to a park when there is a bunch of fresh snow and a ton of people show up. Not much you can do about it at all. From what I heard they where grooming last night and everything should be in much better condition tonday.

oh I hear that, there were a ton of people in the park on Sunday that just didn't belong. It's one thing to check it out, try some stuff, how else will anyone learn? But because of the fresh snow, soft landings, there were a lot of people wrecking, wearing out landings, and just overall screwing it up for those of us who can use it properly. I'm all about letting somebody ride in the park to improve their skills :rock but it's not a place to go and screw around, making the park un-ridable and more prone to injuries. And I have to agree with the features right now. Cascade has nothing, which brings even more people into the park to just ride through and get in the way. Not that they're intentionally doing it, they're just having fun like we all do :wiggle , but they're still creating unsafe conditions. Having said that, the park at BC has been awesome this year, and management and the park crew have done a great job with the upkeep :clap I'm sure it'll be back to the way we all know it can be. BC rocks! :rock