Uhhh this was strange.....

pyroguy

Hey I wondered what happend to all the bamboo that was put on the Asp. Freakin ski ninjas!!! We use them for training how to stop the sled from sliding down the hill if you are on the tail rope. You and another guy stand along the fall line and one guy gets downhill and tries to pull you over.

Speaking of training a candidate passed his Ski and Tobbogan training and per tradition brought in a case for after closing. It was Boddingtons. Never had it before and it was goooood!

A younger candidate passed his too but brought in a case of Stewarts root beer. We used to get pulled over by the cops in college for drinking that because they saw the brown bottles and didn't realize it was root beer.

I prefer Miller Light but enjoy a nice Harp, Guiness or Heineken now and then.

Back in the day the low end was Old Swill or Busch. I remember going to Canals and buying cases of Steinlager for $7 too.

A younger candidate passed his too but brought in a case of Stewarts root beer. We used to get pulled over by the cops in college for drinking that because they saw the brown bottles and didn't realize it was root beer.

I prefer Miller Light but enjoy a nice Harp, Guiness or Heineken now and then.

Back in the day the low end was Old Swill or Busch. I remember going to Canals and buying cases of Steinlager for $7 too.

You were drinking root beer in college? I've recently become a big fan of the Miller Light myself. Don't know where that came from.

If I haven't said it enough, i'll say it again- I gotta give it up for you guys on the CB Ranger/Ski patrol. The sled ride was first rate guys. thanks a ton. :D

Thanks!!!!!! It's the one person that says thanks that makes up for all the headaches!!! Actually most of the people this year have been pretty cool and we have been hearing it more.

Yeah we get to ski for free when working and cut in line but we also have to spend a couple weekends in the off season for training and keeping our certs up to date. The majority of patrollers are volunteers too and we pay to belong to the ski patrol. The training never stops and if you ever want to get in shape try learning how to handle a toboggan. It will be 12 degrees out and I'll be sweating like crazy.

We also get to deal with people cursing us out because the East side closes early. (I hate having to chase people off trails because I want to ski every run a million times when I'm not at work but it's part of the job) The occasional runaway ski or board that comes flying down the hill at you why you are sitting there trying to splint someone with a busted arm or leg is always fun. Not to mention trying to walk in the woods or on the icy part of the run with ski boots on to get to someone.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. Nothing better than to see the look on somebodys face as they realize that they are going to be OK and knowing that you were the one that helped them. You won't see it but sometimes we get really worried when we see something bad. When we hear from someone that they are doing OK or recovering it is awesome.

I would be remiss not to give props to the people who come up to us when someone uphill is hurt, or let us jump in the lift line to get on top to drag a toboggan down or to bring one up, or get out of the way when they hear a whistle. Also people who take one for the team and stop when someone is hurt and make sure nobody runs into them. The deal with the kid stuck on the lift in the terrain park was a great example of everyone pulling together

You , the public, the mad peeps, are the reason why we are there. When you help us you are, in effect, one of us and when we aren't working we are one of you.

Thanks again!!

Edited by Skizilla

You were drinking root beer in college? I've recently become a big fan of the Miller Light myself. Don't know where that came from.

Stewarts root beer rocks!!! I used to drink that all the time when I wasn't drinking beer. (Had to stay sober for work and exams) The rest of the time I would drink whatever was around. Had a girlfriend in school that liked that Purple Passion stuff which was basically grape soda and Everclear and they sold it in 2 liter bottles. I never touched it. Especially after I had to carry her drunk a$$ home and she yacked on me.

Bud and Bud Light always give me the Bud Squats. Also get headaches from a few different beers whenever I touch them but Miller Light has never done me wrong. If I don't feel like drinking something heavy I always go for that.

I have a lot of friends that drink Corona and I buy that when I'm hanging with them but I'd rather have a Modelo if I'm drinking a Mexican beer.

Stewarts root beer rocks!!! I used to drink that all the time when I wasn't drinking beer. (Had to stay sober for work and exams) The rest of the time I would drink whatever was around. Had a girlfriend in school that liked that Purple Passion stuff which was basically grape soda and Everclear and they sold it in 2 liter bottles. I never touched it. Especially after I had to carry her drunk a$$ home and she yacked on me.

Bud and Bud Light always give me the Bud Squats. Also get headaches from a few different beers whenever I touch them but Miller Light has never done me wrong. If I don't feel like drinking something heavy I always go for that.

I have a lot of friends that drink Corona and I buy that when I'm hanging with them but I'd rather have a Modelo if I'm drinking a Mexican beer.

I grew up in a Pabst family, switched to Bud Light in college, and became a Miller girl sometime in the last year. And I guess if you needed to stay sober for exams. Always stay away from the girly drinks, it's a rule.

wait a minute your telling me I still have another four years of drinking natty? I thought it was high school beer, this saddens me.

Are you kidding me? :lol Haven't you ever heard the term poor college student. Its not a joke. Natty is what you have on a good night. Do you really think a frat is going to spend the cash to get 30 cases of anything even remotely expensive. I don't care though because for some strange reason I enjoy the taste of it. :cheers:

Are you kidding me? :lol Haven't you ever heard the term poor college student. Its not a joke. Natty is what you have on a good night. Do you really think a frat is going to spend the cash to get 30 cases of anything even remotely expensive. I don't care though because for some strange reason I enjoy the taste of it. :cheers:

I actually used to drink a case of that a night.... it's got a HORRIBLE next day taste, though.