Asp

skimom

Hunter was marginally worth it. Most of the main front trails were open, but hard to access. Hellgate and their intermediate cruiser were the only trails you could do without risking major injury to skis. We only skied half a day because the rain turned everything to slop after a bit -> used rock skis the entire time.

Their closing date is next Sunday. I may not bother unless they get a chance to make snow during the week. I hope Belleayre was better.

There was lots of snow up in VT this past weekend, but it was a bit musy....still had 62 trails open at stratton with almost total coverage, but it was thin in spots (of course). If they get hit with the white stuff this week, I think Killington or Stratton would be good choices.

I skied Sugarbush on Saturday...they actually got like 2-3" of snow up on top. But it was foggy up there. that sucked. Some of the bump runs were pretty good, just had to take care getting into some of them....mud, rocks, and crap.

We were going to ski "K-mart" on Sunday but it was raining and foggy again so we scouted some creeks instead.

Back to CB...Almost all the dimonds you can ski if you can make very quick 2 foot turns...Asp you probably have about 5-10 feet atleast to make your turns. Add that to the huge piles of snow you could have some fun :)

update: there are still patches of snow on the mountain....lets go, whos with me?

Yeah, the East side has only thin ribbons of snow, but the West side still looks pretty skiable. Where the trails are narrow and stay in the shade, the snow is pretty deep. Imagine all the props CB would have gotten for keeping a lift going and a trail stockpiled with snow...and our ski hill welcomes anyone who wants to hike for turns; the Daves threaten PROSECUTION if you wanna hike.