Timberline

Tyler

i know there was a lack of snow early this year but now that we have had 12+ inches of natural snow and plenty of temps good enough for snowmaking, why doesnt timberline have any of its previous features...i'm just thinking about how fun it was last year with the banked turns and the jumps at the end and im wondering if we will see that this year?....

Timberline was closed the other day because we pounded it with snow and weren't able to get it groomed out. We should have a good boarder/skier x course by Wednesday.

The plan is to widen timberline and beef up snowmaking on it so we can have it open early in the season. We will keep the banks and jumps but also be using it for Nastar so we will have to get a bit creative. The positive side is that it will be wide enough to safely run a 4-up comp over there without fear of sending people over the turn and into the trees.

Timberline was closed the other day because we pounded it with snow and weren't able to get it groomed out. We should have a good boarder/skier x course by Wednesday.

The plan is to widen timberline and beef up snowmaking on it so we can have it open early in the season. We will keep the banks and jumps but also be using it for Nastar so we will have to get a bit creative. The positive side is that it will be wide enough to safely run a 4-up comp over there without fear of sending people over the turn and into the trees.

So mark your saying that there will be banked turns and jumps on it by wednesday....if so that is awesome.....i will be up there tues and weds but now i am looking forward to wednesday

Sorry guys, I forgot that the groomers were getting the park ready for the comp and that delayed the boarder-x on timberline.

The plan for next year is to widen timberline and add a dedicated snowmaking line for the trail. Given the response to eliminating the boarder-x we are formulating a plan to keep the boardercross and still use the trail for nastar. The also allows us to have timing on the trail so we can run boarder-x comps next year.

We are toying with the idea of adding a march boarder/skier-x to the event list for this year and run it through the black bear park and finish through the pipe. Any interest in that?

We are toying with the idea of adding a march boarder/skier-x to the event list for this year and run it through the black bear park and finish through the pipe. Any interest in that?

That would be cool - I hope it is on a date when we are going to be around. Any more thoughts on blowing deep and trying to stay open longer. I hate that drive to the Catskills in April.