Oneball Jay Glow Wax?

Stevo

With the warm temps forecasted for this weekend, and out of curiosity- i ordered some oneballjay glow wax. It came today- and i'm confused :confused . Has anyone used this? It's dark red wax. I waxed my board with it, and my base looks like shit. It also says you're not supposed to scrape. wtf?

Don't know never used it.

Just by guessing, the whole reason your not suppose to scrape is so that the wax is scraped off the by snow, and thats the wax that will glow. Once all that is gone it's pretty much just wax. Since the wax isn't going to just rub out of your pours as much as it would if it's not scraped.

uhhhh

thats about all I can say...

i could have said that,

One Ball Jay has a not-so-new product called Glow Wax that leaves a funky green slime trail behind your board. Though not a high-quality wax, it's a lot of fun and works best when conditions are really wet.

Glow Wax makes it look like you just rode through nuclear waste, but according to 1BJ guy Bryan Rushforth, it's really quite harmless. "One year Matt Cummins and I put some glow wax powder on the course at the Baker Banked Slalom and we got the stuff all over ourselves. We tried to wipe it off but it just got worse," said Rushforth. He added, "Matt even ended up with some in his mouth and was spitting green." Though they don't recommend Glow Wax for consumption, Rushforth says it is completely biodegradable and one of the safest products they make.

The wax comes in a red cake but turns green once water touches it. So if you choose to use their only-toxic-looking wax, don't be surprised if your clothes or the top of your car turn green after transporting your board to the mountain.

but i value a crisp response.

zing.

thats about all i can say.

Edited by skitzo

i could have said that,

One Ball Jay has a not-so-new product called Glow Wax that leaves a funky green slime trail behind your board. Though not a high-quality wax, it's a lot of fun and works best when conditions are really wet.

Glow Wax makes it look like you just rode through nuclear waste, but according to 1BJ guy Bryan Rushforth, it's really quite harmless. "One year Matt Cummins and I put some glow wax powder on the course at the Baker Banked Slalom and we got the stuff all over ourselves. We tried to wipe it off but it just got worse," said Rushforth. He added, "Matt even ended up with some in his mouth and was spitting green." Though they don't recommend Glow Wax for consumption, Rushforth says it is completely biodegradable and one of the safest products they make.

The wax comes in a red cake but turns green once water touches it. So if you choose to use their only-toxic-looking wax, don't be surprised if your clothes or the top of your car turn green after transporting your board to the mountain.

but i value a crisp response.

zing.

thats about all i can say.

Thanks dude, that's exactly what i was looking for. :rock

its cheap spring wax. unless hes trying to shave every hundredth off his time, hell be just fine and will not at all hinder his attempt at successfully negotiating the slopes. have fun.

He asked if he could scrape it, I said it wouldn't matter (cause the dirrrections say don't)

he asked if he could scrape it.

you said it wouldnt matter and that he ought to go with a more normal wax next time.

i said its just cheap spring wax and that using that wax and scraping or not scraping it will all be gravy.

i think thats what transpired anyway.

addendum: i also suggested that he have a good time.

Edited by skitzo

he asked if he could scrape it.

you said it wouldnt matter and that he ought to go with a more normal wax next time.

i said its just cheap spring wax and that using that wax and scraping or not scraping it will all be gravy.

i think thats what transpired anyway.

addendum: i also suggested that he have a good time.

Mmmm gravy

I wonder if the wax looks like gravy :woot

You can scrape it, it won't leave a trail tho. Probably would have been a better idea to get a more uhh normal wax next time ;)

Yeah, i don't know why the hell i bought this. I tried something though. I didn't like how it made my base look like shit when i hot waxed. I had some summer wax, and some all temp. I mixed those two, waxed, and scraped. Then i rubbed on the glow wax, and drew patterns and shit. I even rilled out my base structure-a little. We'll see how this works tomorrow. If it doesn't- I have some dope (towelette wax- probably with teflon or something,like NOTwax.) I got from the boarderx at blue last weekend. I'm definitely gonna pick up some normal wax tomorrow. None of this circus wax. (reminds me of the whole "circus rail" argument.)

Like skitzo said, leaves a trail of green in very wet conditions.

Made our bases look like crap, so we wanted to get it out. I had to use multiple coats of base cleaner to get all the color out from a white base. And I hate using base cleaner, dries out your base and strips all the wax!

Normally I just hot wax with a softer wax, then scrape before letting it cool to much to clean my base.

Like skitzo said, leaves a trail of green in very wet conditions.

Made our bases look like crap, so we wanted to get it out. I had to use multiple coats of base cleaner to get all the color out from a white base. And I hate using base cleaner, dries out your base and strips all the wax!

Normally I just hot wax with a softer wax, then scrape before letting it cool to much to clean my base.

:yes that's what i did.

What, use base cleaner to get it out?

We tried the "cleaning" wax technique at first. but it didn't even come close to getting all that red/orange crap out.

I did that, followed by base cleaner and a brass brush- worked fine. BTW- i used normal wax, followed by the glow wax (rubbed on) and it didn't work at all. If you use this, you have to hot wax it-bottom line. Never buy this shit. A guy at mike N matt's said that the obj glow wax is junk- which is the truth. Now i'm gonna go get some normal wax. If i bought some OBJ summer wax, would it work well in spring conditions too? Or should i just get some spring wax, and some summer wax? Maybe mix them? :confused

I did that, followed by base cleaner and a brass brush- worked fine. BTW- i used normal wax, followed by the glow wax (rubbed on) and it didn't work at all. If you use this, you have to hot wax it-bottom line. Never buy this shit. A guy at mike N matt's said that the obj glow wax is junk- which is the truth. Now i'm gonna go get some normal wax. If i bought some OBJ summer wax, would it work well in spring conditions too? Or should i just get some spring wax, and some summer wax? Maybe mix them? :confused

I use either OBJ warm or normal as the "cleaning" wax. Then I follow with either cold or normal, depending on how long I want it to last, as the final wax.

The normal will last ~3-4 days excluding any slushy conditions. The cold wax lasts longer and doesn't seem to ride any slower in normal/warm conditions. IMHO, the only downfall of the OBJ cold wax is that it's a little more difficult to scrape once you let it completely cool.

The only waxes you need to fully clean and wax is the OBJ normal and cold. If you want to mix, I'd definitely recommend putting the cold wax along your edges, cuz the wax there will wear significantly faster than anywhere else.

Edited by PeterC0523

how is that?

Use the normal as the "cleaning wax"... hot wax as you normally would, but scrape while it's still warm.

And follow with the cold as the "final wax" and leave it for an hour or so before scraping, overnight ideally.

Edited by PeterC0523

it didn't work b/c i rubbed it on :banghead oh well. I picked up some of this yesterday....89254e064adfb0f631c8c52c921d86a5.gif

All temp, and summer- should work fine for me. The only reason i did the cleaning hot scrape thing was to get rid of some of the red shit from the glow wax. I usually just wax- no cleaning or anything...unless i do some ptex work or something.