A crazy weekend instore!

parkbuilder

Hey everyone,

I hoped that this topic's title would lure more people into viewing it :halo

But really I wanted everyone to know that this week the park at Shawnee will be closed to prepare for the weekend. I will be reconstructing the trail layout once again and will be rebuilding the park with some amaizing hits and will be introducing more unique features than ever before. For those that have visited earlier this week you have already seen the new upslope-box. There is way more to come. If you haven't visited Shawnee yet this year, don't miss this giant opportunity to come ride our "hidden gem" terrain park.

Also on Sunday March 19th will be the 23rd Annual Costume Carnival Day. Those in costume receive FREE day lift ticket. Costume parade and judging at 1:00 pm with great prizes.

I hope to see everyone there this weekend!

~ Keith ~

Keith -

Shawnee has a gem in you! I think that shawnee was under the radar this year. We visited you once and were amazed at the quality of the park comparitively to the others given the poor winter we had back at the end of January. We would certainly have visited this weekend if Steamboat hadn't called. Props to you and the support Shawnee has given you and for the updates you have provided here.

BTW - were you aware that Billy Kiel made the NextSnow team and represents Shawnee on this Nationally recognized team? Let your Marketing people know!!!! (I forgot the guys name who gave steven the huge banner)

I Just wanted to let everyone know that we saved the trail from near disaster yesterday with the recent warmth and rain. We spent nearly 20hrs pushing snow and designing new features and setups to shape up the park. The park has a whole new look for what could be one of our last weekends. For those who have and haven't visited this season I ask for you to come by this weekend to check out the park and to participate in Sunday's Costume event. Anyone wearing a costume gets a free lift ticket... yes even I will be rockin a costume. I will be posting some new pics tommorow once I get home from riding. I'm super stoked and proud with what we were able to acomplish this week... see you this weekend!

Edited by parkbuilder

not to mention, a little help from all the locals. cough cough. hahahaha

keith is the best thing to happen to shawner.

Ahh and I almost forgot! Mad love to my locals a Shawnee. You guys are what really pushed the park this year. With your (physical) help, insight, and ideas I think we were able to show everyone that even with a small mountain... we can still have a great park. You know who you are. Thank you.

Here is the trail setup: 30' jump, 30' jump, butter pad (step up to step down) barrel bonk, flat down box, tire jib, upslope box, 5' log spine, down rail, 10' drainage pipe spine all complete with the best flow of the year... and yes very nice coverage.

Edited by parkbuilder

i'll be there 3/19 for sure, pink bandanna on my face, checkerboard goggles, black helmet with anon stickers black/silver striped Ride Kink, khaki pants and i don't know what jacket with. Probably with a girl on a dark blue Rome Vinyl in khaki pants and who knows what jacket. the names kevin i'll be all over the mountain in the morning and then park after i hit all the trails