New Hampshire Racing

Ski

Good luck to the PA J4's headed to New Hampshire this weekend for the Francis Piche Invitational. For most of the PA J4's, it's their first chance to take a crack at some of the best competition there is. Although it's being held at the same time as the Future Stars Camp at Sugarbush, it's still an opportunity to come out of nowhere (the Poconos) and score the upset of a lifetime.

Like what 'Dude's gonna do to (and I didn't make this name up; Chad Fleischer did) Hot Diggety Ligetty Dog.

Ski fast, Ridge!!!

I spoke to a half dozen parents at the derbies who had kids who went to New Hampshire. Not one of them said that when compared to skiing at Steamboat should Ridge go to NH. Ridges comment, was no, he didn't want to lose another weekend standing around.

Do you know if they post results? Do you have a link?

Edited by Papasteeze

I spoke to a half dozen parents at the derbies who had kids who went to New Hampshire. Not one of them said that when compared to skiing at Steamboat should Ridge go to NH. Ridges comment, was no, he didn't want to lose another weekend standing around.

Do you know if they post results? Do you have a link?

So you're skipping a real race, for NASTAR? Wow. :banghead:sniffcrack: A race that actually means something, but you're blowing it off....it's an honor to get invited to that, and it's REAL racing experience.

So you're skipping a real race, for NASTAR? Wow. :banghead:sniffcrack: A race that actually means something, but you're blowing it off....it's an honor to get invited to that, and it's REAL racing experience.

you'll figure it out some day, I have faith. You make it sound like I am racing. duh....... In the meantime, I won't ignore racing parents who have experienced those invitationals in comparison to a week in Steamboat and Nastar? An honor? No, it was an achievement by placing well in the Derbies that Ridge wants to pass on.

Oh, I just assumed he would go. There are some of the best coaches at the camp part, some of which are involved with the academies. The top finishers from PA Derby are at Future Stars, but race coaches understand that anyone in the top 15 or so has potential.

I'd really suggest taking him next year, Rob, and not letting a couple of race parents decide what's best for your racer. The best thing any racer can ask for is an opportunity, which is simply a start bib in a big race. It's sort of like skipping a shot at picthing in the consolation game of the Little League World Series, when there's real scouts in the stands.

Oh, I just assumed he would go. There are some of the best coaches at the camp part, some of which are involved with the academies. The top finishers from PA Derby are at Future Stars, but race coaches understand that anyone in the top 15 or so has potential.

I'd really suggest taking him next year, Rob, and not letting a couple of race parents decide what's best for your racer. The best thing any racer can ask for is an opportunity, which is simply a start bib in a big race. It's sort of like skipping a shot at picthing in the consolation game of the Little League World Series, when there's real scouts in the stands.

I am with you however, I have pushed Ridge enough this year. He has to want to do these different events and he wants to go to Steamboat with his friends. I scouted for info on the Piche thing and even went so far as to contact the airlines about changing flights in the event he wanted to race up there.

He made his best SL skills progress after 3 days at Breck training on gates as evidenced by his finishes at RT in comparison with the only other SL runs he had this season, which were at Elk. He is taking 2 clinics at Steamboat with some accredited coaches one on one. This was supposed to a building year for him, and quite frankly I have not seen that much improvement compared to last year. The season is not over!

Time to regroup and reflect. Training in a team atmosphere may be distracting him, I really am not 100% sure, but there does seem to be a trend and correlation that one on one training produces better results.