Elk 3/31/06 Report w/ Pics!!!

DiMe

Hey all, I went up to Elk today to get some riding in before everything in PA is closed and I was fairly suprised w/ the amount of snow they still have considering this ridiculasly warm weather. There were quite a few puddles getting onto and off the lifts but most of the trails still have good cover. Heres some pics I took today around 2pm w/ my phone.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

how is their so much snow???

Elk's in Susquehanna County and it's usually 5-10 degrees colder there, than CB. They also tend to get more snow, from lake effect bursts. I heard they got about 3" of new snow just last weekend . They also do a hell of a job grooming, pushing snow around, and making snow. There are still a couple large snow whales to the right of the Susquehanna trail, that they take snow from. Their slalom trail looked like it was in mid-winter form, today....of course it was closed for the weekend races.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Elk's in Susquehanna County and it's usually 5-10 degrees colder there, than CB. They also tend to get more snow, from lake effect bursts. I heard they got about 3" of new snow just last weekend . They also do a hell of a job grooming, pushing snow around, and making snow. There are still a couple large snow whales to the right of the Susquehanna trail, that they take snow from. Their slalom trail looked like it was in mid-winter form, today....of course it was closed for the weekend races.

The Samsung A950 VCast. Its a sweet phone its the red one w/ buttons for the mp3 player on the front. You can get 1 or 2 for free right now with a new contact w/ verizon.

wow they have plenty of snow not to be closing today....im sure they could make it another week.

I was up there all weekend, and I think this was about the last day they could stay open. If they wanted to keep 3 dimond trails open for another few days they probably could, but other than that, they are just about out of snow.