Grass Skiing

Ski

I have to do a road trip for a few days, but when I get back I'm going to call around to the ski areas and see who allows people to "stroll" around their property. I can't imagine they all act like CB Nazis. Tanglwood comes to mind for a little more vertical and that's in the middle of an ungated community. Alpine Mt. has an awesome headwall for laps. Have to see...

if you got to www.mbs.com it gives you a list of places you can take mountain boards to. its under like "where to ride" or something like that. and believe it or not CB is listed as one of the places to go. im not sure if that was poster prior to the CBeach boom though. check that list out and give a few places a call.

I think there is some kind of mountain bike trail over there that goes top-bottom. You probably wouldn't make it in one piece on grass skis/mt board though. I don't know if you're allowed on the trails but it's so out of the way you probably wouldn't get caught :paranoid (most likely serious consequences if you did. :( )

I've never been an avid mountain biker, but I can remember biking the trails at CB when it was allowed. You'd be amazed how rough those surfaces are without snow. Certainly not like your front lawn. Some places you could bust your rim, so I don't know how well the grass skis would work.

Hey, 999:

We thought of you yesterday evening when we were out playing tennis at our grade school. Nice, freshly mowed grass, with several little headwalls.....

If you ever need to take pics of kids in our school district, stop by and try it out. :wacko: