Would i notice much difference?

Dan-

Im looking to get a freeride board. Im looking at a 06 Custom X 160(for 360 instead of 600) Would i notice much of a difference between 2cm's?

Right now i ride a 158

I want longer but not much longer, but i still want to be able to whip it through the tree's and the 158 was great for that, but didn't float as well in really deep stuff. So would i see much of a difference in a 2cm increase in board length as far as manuverabiltiy?

Edited by Switch096

2 cm won't notice much difference...I don't think it will really help you to float anymore in pow, but I wouldn't go for that in a board to be ridden mostly in PA either.

2 cm is less than an inch, and if you add one cm to the tip/tail its not that much....

You might want to look at the sidecut tho, that probably effects it a lot more.

The only reason i want that board is because it's alot stiffer then what i ride now. I know it won't affect float that much but it'll be alittle better then what i have now, but yet i won't sacriffice the manuverability in the trees(when i travel i do ALOT of tree riding) When ever i try to really dig in my edges on a hardcarve, my board just bends in half pretty much.

2cm is more than you think. The difference between a 54 and a 56 can be staggering, thanks to board companies applying different flex patterns between different sized boards. I could go into more detail, but I'll just leave you with this;

Buy it. You'll be happy.

Edit: If you're having trouble keeping on top of snow with a 58 it's not the board's fault. No offence.

Edited by DHarrisburg

I never said i had trouble staying on top. But the 2 extra cm's is just a bonus with the stiffer board. My only real question was would i notice much of a difference in 2cms.

I can hold my own in the deep shit.

Edited by Switch096

In my experience stiffer boards are less manuevearable. While the length shouldn't be a huge issue, it's harder to "fudge" with a stiff board. A stiff board would NOT be my first choice in the trees.

Edit:

Also as Dharrisburg noted, there often is a difference in size that goes beyond a change in 2cm length. If there wasn't a difference they wouldn't make different sizes would they?