My New Home Hill?

Ski

It really is in a strange location. You go through private community after private community, then turn left into another private community. And it seems far because the speed limit is 25mph for the last seven or eight miles.

One of the runs is 1.5 miles long, though, and they have tower guns up and down the black diamond. And it's cool because it's one of those park-at-the-top ski hills and the runs funnel down into a heavily wooded valley that seems pretty remote.

I'll at least have a close alternative if those dumbass County Council members screw up Montage. They put Montage up for sale at $9.6 million, spent $20,000 to advertise in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and NY Times, then found out that it's only worth $4 million.

Like, uh, maybe you should find out what your property is worth before spending a small fortune advertising it at a ridiculously high price.

:werd

Park-at-the-top resorts are cool. Like Jack Frost. It takes more time for the lifts to close which = more skiing time (If you talk (or bribe....) the patrollers into it as they're closing the run) :lol::lol: :lol:

The only downside is that I end up getting off the lift after what was going to be my last run, then taking another---then another, etc...

I always end up late for whatever I was supposed to be doing.

Upper mountain parking lots are like having free vodka shots next to the bar exit.

:rofl

I agree with that.. It makes it easy to get lost like that.

But at Jack Frost, navigate down trails to the western side of the mountain instead of getting off the east side lifts as your last run. It'll make it a lot easier because going from east to west you have to skate pretty far uphill, which is terrible after skiing all day.

"Upper mountain parking lots are like having free vodka shots next to the bar exit."

Haha, and skating 175ft uphill is like trying to walk in a straight line after drinking all the vodka. :nana

Edited by ERS

I like JF, although I've only been there a dozen or so times over the years. We'd mostly go when CB was waiting to get "all terrain" covered before opening for the season. JF just kind of says "F it" and opens.

I remember the CB board gripes about all the Chinese people. And, yes, the lodge was always filled with about 75 percent Chinese people that plug rice steamers into every available outlet.

Chinese food rules.

• 1 year later...

omg not masthope... I hate that place.. with a passion. Come to tanglwood :) its right down the road

They're a little touchy at Masthope, for sure. I had called last winter about the race they hold during their winter fest. I asked four or five questions about whether they used gates with panels, or just bamboo, just trying to get a feel for the race.

The woman basically yelled at me, saying it wasn't a hardcore World Cup event and that it was meant for families.

But I was just calling to see if it was a good race for my 4-year-old...I was just going to videotape...jeesh...

:no