Box Building FAQ

pyro_boarder

haha its definetley not!!!!! plexyglass shatters buddy! and yes i do know wut im talking about!

yea no duh, you idiot. thats what i said.....and what others said....so shut up! and i know it shatters.... obviously, since the freaking step box at shawnee has only broken 35467893264587325 times....... i even apologized in the other thread and ur still being a fag.... pathetic....

oh and oakley, it depends what topsheet you get. hdpe, uhmw, pvc, id say 1/4" to 1/2". for lexan, formica, you can use 1/8 and 3/16, but only if you use liquid nails. obviously, the thicker the better. im pretty sure you can count on this info too, because its straight from build a jib on newschoolers. have fun!

Edited by splooshie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea no duh, you idiot. thats what i said.....and what others said....so shut up! and i know it shatters.... obviously, since the freaking step box at shawnee has only broken 35467893264587325 times....... i even apologized in the other thread and ur still being a fag.... pathetic....

aight man sorry for overreacting, i posted in here shortly after i read the other thread, i just kinda got pissed about nothing. and i didnt read the above posts aboput the plexyglass i just saw you saying they used plexyglass at shawnee and i was like that cant be he must not know. i didn't mean to cause any drama i mean c'mon were not a group of high school girls, and i know we'll be riding together evantully and i don't want their to be any hate or anything, i absolutely cant stand that. so once agian sorry for bein a prick.

aight man sorry for overreacting, i posted in here shortly after i read the other thread, i just kinda got pissed about nothing. and i didnt read the above posts aboput the plexyglass i just saw you saying they used plexyglass at shawnee and i was like that cant be he must not know. i didn't mean to cause any drama i mean c'mon were not a group of high school girls, and i know we'll be riding together evantully and i don't want their to be any hate or anything, i absolutely cant stand that. so once agian sorry for bein a prick.

hah its ok, and i was the one signing in next to you at mayday. dont think you remember, but i caught matt stunt in the corner of my eye. ill probly meet you at bb next season.....so yea

When I tried counter-sinking screws into a sheet of plexi on my box the plexi cracked all around the screw.

it cracked because its plexiglass...use lexan or something else and it will be fine.

Edited by collective addiction

When I tried counter-sinking screws into a sheet of plexi on my box the plexi cracked all around the screw.

The only way you could have done that is if these two things happened.

1. you expected the screw to sink into the plexi like magic. You didn't drill down 1/8" with a 3/8 bit for the screw head.

2. You really torqued down on the plexi, which is most definitely not necessary if you countersank properly.

it cracked because its plexiglass...use lexan or something else and it will be fine.

Lexan is plexiglass?

The only way you could have done that is if these two things happened.

1. you expected the screw to sink into the plexi like magic. You didn't drill down 1/8" with a 3/8 bit for the screw head.

2. You really torqued down on the plexi, which is most definitely not necessary if you countersank properly.

Lexan is plexiglass?

na man, levan is some type of specialy prepared polly type material and plexiglass is just a hard plastic.... lexan is much more expensive.

Just counter sink screws. It works fine but the topsheet has to be thick enough or it'll crack around the screw.

Mine cracked but it was because I used thin plexi and I pushed down on those screws too hard. Plexi is brittle wheras lexan isnt, technically they're both plastic though. You can use plexi, but its gotta be thick enough and you gotta watch it when it gets cold out because then it cracks easier.

Edited by Rowsdower

• 5 months later...